Post-Game Talk: Press Conference over: Better food coming, bad attitude, Carey Price’s fault & 27 is not a Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
you didnt answer me last time i quoted you about the comment you made about price and his save % and goal allowed, did you listen to 91,9 that day laraque and gonzalez lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Half the stuff discussed today was completely irrelevant. HOW are you going to solve the on ice problems? HOW!?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Other than the food I wonder what the changes will be that Molson was alluding to if MB allegedly said there would be no changes? Player personnel only and no coaching, scouting, or management changes at either the NHL or AHL level.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I wonder if we will see a scenario where Montreal wins the lottery and immediately fires the GM. It happened in edmonton.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
you didnt answer me last time i quoted you about the comment you made about price and his save % and goal allowed, did you listen to 91,9 that day laraque and gonzalez lol
Nope, didn't hear that. What did they say?

Last edited by a moderator:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't even know if even the most ardent Bergevin defenders can defend him after that presser. For one of the few teams that has communication requirements for its GM, he's awful at communicating.
It's funny though that a language requirement stops a guy like Steve Yzerman from getting the job but Bergevin can't answer questions in either language with any sort of clarity.

I can also only imagine how impressed that Tavares will be in listening to these two morons, I have said many times that we are at such a disadvantage when it comes to the current state of this franchise.

At least we can laugh at this but we are just posters on a message board, ho much of a joke do you think that Bergevin is to 30 other GM's? He is the laughing stock of the league and will get fleeced again this summer.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I was ready to put my fist through something when I heard MB say that "All teams build from the goalie out". Yeah, sure they do, Marc....in 1973 maybe!

How many thoroughly mediocre goalies have won Cups in the 21st Century? Every year it seems, some nobody who's not fit to tape Carey Price's stick finishes the season with the Cup above his head. So no, Marc. Literally NO teams other than your own builds from the goalie out. Teams that win Cups are teams that can SCORE. They build DOWN THE MIDDLE, not from the goalie.

Bergevin seems to think that had Price and Weber played well and for a full season that this team wouldn't be a dumpster fire. Okay sure, they wouldn't have been as bad as they turned out but they'd have still sucked. They'd have still been a team that can't score to save their lives. They'd still be a goalie-dependent team that had to eke out one goal wins. Sorry, but winning consistently with such a narrow margin for error simply isn't sustainable over the course of 82 games plus another 20 or more in the playoffs. It's just not. Building from the goalie out means you will never contend for anything but a playoff spot which, I guess, is all that our team needs to do in order to keep the owner happy.

Dropping huge coin on a goalie, spending big bucks on cement-footed defensemen like Alzner, and adding "ka-RACK-ter" players like Ott and King at the deadline is how you build a team to win back in the 1990's dead puck era. It's not how you get it done in 2018.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I was ready to put my fist through something when I heard MB say that "All teams build from the goalie out". Yeah, sure they do, Marc....in 1973 maybe!

How many thoroughly mediocre goalies have won Cups in the 21st Century? Every year it seems, some nobody who's not fit to tape Carey Price's stick finishes the season with the Cup above his head. So no, Marc. Literally NO teams other than your own builds from the goalie out. Teams that win Cups are teams that can SCORE. They build DOWN THE MIDDLE, not from the goalie.

Bergevin seems to think that had Price and Weber played well and for a full season that this team wouldn't be a dumpster fire. Okay sure, they wouldn't have been as bad as they turned out but they'd have still sucked. They'd have still been a team that can't score to save their lives. They'd still be a goalie-dependent team that had to eke out one goal wins. Sorry, but winning consistently with such a narrow margin for error simply isn't sustainable over the course of 82 games plus another 20 or more in the playoffs. It's just not. Building from the goalie out means you will never contend for anything but a playoff spot which, I guess, is all that our team needs to do in order to keep the owner happy.

Dropping huge coin on a goalie, spending big bucks on cement-footed defensemen like Alzner, and adding "ka-RACK-ter" players like Ott and King at the deadline is how you build a team to win back in the 1990's dead puck era. It's not how you get it done in 2018.

Come on, you heard the press conference, its Attitude now.

Reactions: Laurentide

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks to CapSpace for this brilliant collage he posted in the previous thread. I added a few subtitles that pretty much wrote themselves ...

281ytd.jpg

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
For what it is, I repeat, for what it is, this is probably the most disastrous habs press conference I've seen in my life. He could have talked about unicorns and butterflies instead that it would have been better. Attitude? All on Carey? Transparency? Food? Hey no ticket raises? OH my god......

A better fan experience? Hey assholes....bring a better team! Bring a more offensive system!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If anyone needs a hug I'm here for you.

Points made in the PC:

- Fan experience will be new next season. Food will be better. Tickets price will stay the same

- Team got into the season with a bad attitude, needs to be addressed

- Changes will be made with how the management does things, no one fired yet

- Steve Ott did not meet the expectations (wtf)

Feel free to add points, I'm on my phone in the bus right now.

I have a hard time buying the bolded part, and frankly if it is true, I suspect the team “revolted” at how Radulov and especially Markov we’re cast aside and essentially called dogs in the off season.

Who the hell wants to work for a guy like that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad