Post-Game Talk: Press Conference over: Better food coming, bad attitude, Carey Price’s fault & 27 is not a Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I don't even know if even the most ardent Bergevin defenders can defend him after that presser. For one of the few teams that has communication requirements for its GM, he's awful at communicating.

My French is really poor, but certain things come across, listening. He is very defensive, speaks with very little gravitas or confidence. He does come across as authoritative. He’s exasperated and combative from the start.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Molson has made a mess and refuses to face it. This organization has become a Mickey Mouse outfit. Sad to watch such an iconic franchise in the hands of utter buffoons. I pray to god that the opening game in October is not sold out.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
“You were 30th in goals scored. Where do you even begin, Marc?

“Well, it starts with Carey Price..”

I literally can’t let that **** go. I can’t believe an NHL GM answered that question with that answer. It doesn’t even make any ****ing sense..Wake up Geoff, god damnit.

Most GMs will tell you to build from the goalie out like Chicago & Pitsburgh :sarcasm:.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
My French is really poor, but certain things come across, listening. He is very defensive, speaks with very little gravitas or confidence. He does come across as authoritative. He’s exasperated and combative from the start.

I'm not even talking about cadence or delivery (although I probably should). I'm not sure he fully understood all the questions and he was fumbling over himself in both languages (I may be wrong since my French is poor too, but those that speak it here commented on his French responses).

void

Jan 5, 2006
“You were 30th in goals scored. Where do you even begin, Marc?

“Well, it starts with Carey Price..”

I literally can’t let that **** go. I can’t believe an NHL GM answered that question with that answer. It doesn’t even make any ****ing sense..Wake up Geoff, god damnit.

And then there's this:

I wonder how Carey feels right now after getting thrown under the bus like this. :laugh:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
early in presser:
'attitude was the big problem'

then:
'would we have had the same attitude problem with those guys (markov, emelin, beaulieu) in the room? probably not.'

end of presser:
'would we have done better with last year's defense? not much better.'

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Bergevin was somewhat lucky, as painful as that press conference was, that they didn't bring up his ridiculous quotes from the beginning of the season. ''This is the first season in which the team is built to my liking,'' and ''we're better than last year, especially at the blue line.''

What I would have liked to have heard asked is how he plans to keep up with the teams in the conference, specifically in our division, who are stock piling elite talent. Toronto completed their rebuild, Boston retooled, NYR is in full rebuild mode, Florida's cup runneth over with insanely talented players, Buffalo's gotta figure it out eventually. That's not a process which is happening. Big assets are exchanged 1 for 1, so there's no potential for accumulation. Bergevin has never acquired a 1st round pick. NYR is going to draft potentially 7 times between 2017 and 2019 in the first round. How can you possibly expect to keep up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad