Press Conference Discussion - Part Deux

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What killed us in December was roster mgmt. The team did play a lot better than it's record indicated but our coach saddled us with DD as our number one. He went on to give us a big fat zero in terms of production and it killed us.

Meanwhile productive players like Carr and Galchenyuk were used in limited roles despite being our best goalscorers. December alone was reason enough to fire Therrien. Yes, he deserves credit for giving us a better system than last year but the roster mgmt sucked.

We would've won more games with Galchenyuk as our number once center and if we used Carr more than Weisse (while he was in the lineup). I'm sure of that.

No question about Galchenyuk. At this point there is no debate about where he needs to play. For what it's worth, I think even Therrien will acknowledge that (realizing I probably just jinxed it...).

Carr is debatable. Sure, it would've been smart to ride his hot start in December since he was about the only forward producing. But moving forward let's hope he's not pencilled into the top-six just yet. He and Andrighetto are keepers, but if they're Plan-A for our offence we're in trouble. It would be a mistake to assume their nice debuts will continue on the same upward trajectory.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No question about Galchenyuk. At this point there is no debate about where he needs to play. For what it's worth, I think even Therrien will acknowledge that (realizing I probably just jinxed it...).

Carr is debatable. Sure, it would've been smart to ride his hot start in December since he was about the only forward producing. But moving forward let's hope he's not pencilled into the top-six just yet. He and Andrighetto are keepers, but if they're Plan-A for our offence we're in trouble. It would be a mistake to assume their nice debuts will continue on the same upward trajectory.
I'm not suggesting that Carr should be in our top six next year but given the circumstances in December, he was our best option. Gallagher was out and that left Weisse (who at some point also got hurt.) Carr was the only guy other than Chuck who was producing and we were starving for goals. ANY coach in his right mind would've used both of these guys a lot more.

I get playing your stars even when they struggle. I'd play Max no matter what. But he treats DD and Weisse like they're stars and they aren't. If you're starving for goals, play the hot hand. And it's esp unforgiveable in the case of Chuck because he should've been our number one to begin with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad