Press conference called off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Well the NHL and especially the NHLPA sure are doing a great job at making the FANS even more mad then we/they already were. I guess they don't want to have any FANS back whenever this crap gets settled. :banghead: :mad: :madfire:

Meanashell11

Jan 3, 2003
Greenwich CT
Visit site
Why would anyone think the onus is on the NHL to present a revised offer. My understanding is players approached the league so its the players that should come with a new offer or inquire if the old one was still on the table? Conversation goes something like this.

Wayne "Thanks for meeting. Heh, that offer you made earlier this week, is it still on the table?"

NHL "Well we did say that once we cancelled the season it was off the table but in the interests of offering a hand of friendship, we got together and agreed that one last time, yes its still available. What do you want to do?"

Of course the League is not going to come in with a better offer at this point. Plus unless the players had told them they were going to present a new offer why would the league agreed to meet??? Its just a silly story that some guy made up and cant be true. Plus they said there was no word from the meetings. This is garbage.

:dunno:

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
What was so bad with the 45M$ offer?

IT'S NOW DEFINITIVE! I'LL NEVER WATCH AN OTHER NHL GAME WITH BETTMAN OR GOODENOW ALWAYS ON THEIR JOBS!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Meanashell11 said:
Why would anyone think the onus is on the NHL to present a revised offer. My understanding is players approached the league so its the players that should come with a new offer or inquire if the old one was still on the table? Conversation goes something like this.

Wayne "Thanks for meeting. Heh, that offer you made earlier this week, is it still on the table?"

NHL "Well we did say that once we cancelled the season it was off the table but in the interests of offering a hand of friendship, we got together and agreed that one last time, yes its still available. What do you want to do?"

Of course the League is not going to come in with a better offer at this point. Plus unless the players had told them they were going to present a new offer why would the league agreed to meet??? Its just a silly story that some guy made up and cant be true. Plus they said there was no word from the meetings. This is garbage.

:dunno:

NHL called the PA to the meeting. NHL wasn´t willing to move one inch. Bettman could also approve any deal he wanted, it only takes 15 votes for Bettman to approve any offer.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
My GUESS is that clause 7 is what is screwing the pooch. The NHL would take no clause #7, or an up or down clause 7 based on last seasons revenues. I don't think the PA is prepared to take either of those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad