Press conference called off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
I think this just speaks volumes about Bettman and the rest of the PA.

Bob said he did not have a partner and that the NHL is lying. But When Wayne and Mario speak the other 700 members listened. They know they were not lied to.

Wayne will go down as the most important figure in Hockey history.

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Isn't that about the time they order their pizza?

Any suggestion of a station that I can listen to that doesn't have a rugby ref?

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Sinurgy said:
Like a dog who has been abused...I'm crouching very low to the ground, avoiding eye contact, slowly slinking towards the out stretched hands of the NHL eager to be petted and comforted but expecting a WHACK "stupid dog!!!". :beatup:

:lol we can all relate.....kinda pathetic really.....

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
The Score says "talks break off as of 3:30 pm and no word whether there is more talks scheduled or not"

Mats

Jul 27, 2003
Visit site
GreenBud said:
Anyone have a link to that Blog guy who predicted this? :handclap:

It's hockeyrumors.blogspot.com, and I only know that because he managed to get mentioned on Team 1200.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
bcrt2000 said:
The Score says "talks break off as of 3:30 pm and no word whether there is more talks scheduled or not"

also saying that theres a report that a press conference is scheduled for later today

both news items are on the ticker

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I sure hope it's a press conference announcing a new CBA and the start to a season.

I sure hope it's NOT a press conference announcing some dumb firing or something. :banghead:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
yeah, can you imagine how pissed people would be if they stepped up to the microphone to remind us that the season was still cancelled? at this point there wouldn't even be any justification for them to announce that despite continued negotiating efforts they were unable to achieve an accord. a simple statement would be sufficient to address that. a press conference can only mean one thing...that the season is back.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Sportsnet owns the Pejorative Slured headline of the hour award:

headline: Meeting over, no progress

body: The meetings to uncancel the NHL season ended after six-plus hours in New York, no word on a deal or a compromise has yet to emerge.

conclusion: whoever wrote the headline didn't read the body

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
It pays to be skeptical. Unfortunately, I gpt sucked in by some of the hype here.

Vic Rattlehead*

Sportsnet is stupid. There is NO WORD on what happened at the meetings, why did Sportsnet write then? :joker:

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Berger just reported the Players are furious because the NHL just re presented there old offer they already turned down. The PA executive there including the guys from europe.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
WTF NO WAY ... I HAVE SIT FRONT OF MY COMPUTER 10 HOURS FOR NOTHING!!! HOLY ****! :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Okay i'm not gonna watch NHL ever again! :mad:

god that pissed me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->