President's Cup Favourite

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
You're logic is flawed. Moncton has beat up on Saint John , Charlottetown and Cape Breton all year long. They're bound to lose a couple of games against opponents they've faced half a dozen times per season.

Is Halifax going to be atop next week's list ? They beat Shawinigan (who , according to your logic) shouldn't be in the top ten anymore...

Not anymore they aren't. And with your logic, Moncton deserves to be ahead of Saint John despite their skid and SJ's long streak, and add to the fact that Moncton just lost to them.

Consider my list a blend between position and power rankings. Halifax won't make the list, because they are out of the playoffs. And one game doesn't make a raise or drop. But a string of wins or loses does. In Moncton's case, they've lost 6 straight games, thus the drop. But they are still high enough in the standings that a bottom half team like Drummondville likely won't surpass them.

Saint John, despite the season series with Moncton, have clearly played better lately, judged by their streak and their new position, and as a result, they are much higher up the list. And their recent victory also played a major part.

Bottom line: Moncton is clearly not the same team they were at the start of the season. They no longer deserve to be in the list of top 5 contenders.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sea Dogs finish higher than the Wildcats. Eagles, Océanic and Islanders: not a chance.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
My list as of now:

1. Val-Dor
2. Rouyn-Noranda
3. Saint John
4. Shawinigan
5. Gatineau
6. Rimouski
7. Cape Breton
8. Charlottetown
9. Moncton

Val D'or and Rouyn can't finish 1-2 one of them will finish first the other one will finish 4 division leaders gets 1-2-3.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Huge comeback win for the Huskies last night now a 5 point lead on Val D'Or looking good for my Huskies.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
The most dangerous Maritimes teams at the moment are CB and Charlottetown.
Moncton are out in the 2nd round.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Bathurst is likely to play Rouyn-Noranda, Shawinigan, or Saint John. If they pick up a few points and place 13th, it's Val D'or.

They are easily gone at round 1.

If they play RN or Val D'or, they're out in 4 game games. If they play Shawinigan or Saint John, they could take it to 5.

Last edited:

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
CB vs. SJ would be a fun 2nd round matchup. For that to happen there would need to only be one upset of top 7 teams, not including SJ or CB. This could be a possibility. I don't see two of those teams going down as there is quite a disparity between the top and bottom teams this year, but one upset has to happen.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
CB vs. SJ would be a fun 2nd round matchup. For that to happen there would need to only be one upset of top 7 teams, not including SJ or CB. This could be a possibility. I don't see two of those teams going down as there is quite a disparity between the top and bottom teams this year, but one upset has to happen.

No upset is necessary if Saint John finishes 2nd as it would go 1 vs 8/9, 2 v 7, and 3 v 6. This is assuming CB stays 7th.

If Saint John finishes 3rd, then there would have to be 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad