Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #86: Caps @ Blooj | 4/19/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Orlov has arguably been the worst defenseman of the series.
8468498.jpg

You rang?

Reactions: shtorm2005

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
The fans are in these refs heads, they were booing Wilson 2 minutes before when he got hit in open ice like he did something.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I think Orlov is passing to set himself up for a one timer? Why not just trust his wrist shot and snipe it himself? At this point if he just fakes the pass he should be able to bait Bob.
I know he is so great at skating in and doing whatever when he gets to the circle..wrist shot, going to the net, etc

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think Orlov is passing to set himself up for a one timer? Why not just trust his wrist shot and snipe it himself? At this point if he just fakes the pass he should be able to bait Bob.

He had quite a bit of room a few plays back.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
8468498.jpg

You rang?
Sad thing is, I remember Orpik exists and I'm still convinced I'm right.

Orlov has been all yips, over-complicating things, turnovers going the other way, and getting worked over on big goals. Yes, tougher minutes and more of them, but within their respective roles Orlov is dropping soooooo many more balls than Orpik is.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Hopefully the Caps can win this in regulation and we'll get to see Wilson take on Anderson at the end of the game.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Orlov is like a really clever and gifted teenager who has no idea how f***ing stupid he can be sometimes. So his parents, er coaches, have gotta deal with it, but you just cannot do anything to crush his spirit, because that's the source of his gifts. It's not easy

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hopefully the Caps can win this in regulation and we'll get to see Wilson take on Anderson at the end of the game.
No, I want to blue ball them. Let their fans think Wilson will eventually fight and never give it to them. That's the sweetest thing besides a W.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Oshie is also playing through a LBI so I think putting 18 out there instead of 77 is fine for 4v4 play

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
He needs to start playing more physical..he gets into the game more..and stop using big words for us dumb hockey fans
My concern is that when Ovie gets into predator mode, he can get wildly out of position, and he no longer has the legs to get back within the time zone of the play. So I'm ok with him picking spots on his hits now. The weird thing is I think he needs to shoot the puck like Brett Connolly. Stop trying to beat the last D guy and just put the puck on Bob before he's set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad