Mar 19, 2015
DC
'Yes Yes....if we ice the slower older players, everything will go as planned'

46XN5mN.gif

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
BT likes to use Beagle on d-zone faceoffs, yes? So I guess he'll have to trust Vrana in those situations,too.

Last game, while Beagle was on the ice for 9 defensive zone faceoffs, Stephenson was only on for 3, Chiasson 2. Vrana 3. He uses Beagle for those faceoffs but not usually the fourth line.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
My god Trotz is such a god **** moron

Vrana draws 2 penalties, flys all over the ice, creates chances, and gets demoted

He might be officially worse than Oates

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Trotz doesn't make changes: everyone mad

Trotz makes changes: everyone mad

Maybe he wants to try to energize lines by putting a hungry player in top 6

You mean a hungry guy like Jakob Vrana?

The only way this makes an ounce of sense is if Trotz understands that the Blue Jackets are a top heavy team and he's planning on using the Backstrom line to shut down the Panarin-PLD-Atkinson line. If that's the case I can see what he's doing. The 3rd line was terrific and maybe giving Vrana more favorable matchups (3rd pairing and 3rd/4th liners) will allow him to shine. If it's a reward for Stephenson and a demotion for Vrana then it's garbage.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Beagle basically runs as a FOGO. Replaces OV and DSP for defensive zone draws.

I think this harms their transition and scoring ability and opens the door for CBJ to continue to try and exploit inefficient line/player changes.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
oates missed the playoffs... lets turn the trotz hate a bit down. its only vrana, if you think a prospect is supposed to change the caps fate youre are setting urself up to be disappointed again.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
You mean a hungry guy like Jakob Vrana?

The only way this makes an ounce of sense is if Trotz understands that the Blue Jackets are a top heavy team and he's planning on using the Backstrom line to shut down the Panarin-PLD-Atkinson line. If that's the case I can see what he's doing. The 3rd line was terrific and maybe giving Vrana more favorable matchups (3rd pairing and 3rd/4th liners) will allow him to shine. If it's a reward for Stephenson and a demotion for Vrana then it's garbage.

Didnt Stephenson score 2 goals last game he was in top 6?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
oates missed the playoffs... lets turn the trotz hate a bit down. its only vrana, if you think a prospect is supposed to change the caps fate youre are setting urself up to be disappointed again.

Is CBJ even a playoff team without Panarin? One guy can make a difference

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Honestly not all that mad with the lineup tonight. In typical Trotz fashion he praises a young player for great play one game then he proceeds to demote him in some way the next. I would be shocked if Vrana gets to 10 minutes tonight (in regulation but what is that). Vrana needs to be on the 3rd line. Vrana-Eller-Connolly is a solid line.

With that said I think a Stephenson-Backstrom-Oshie line provides a good matchup to Panarin and his line. The Caps have to shut him down that kid is a stud. This line is a good option for that which is why I don't hate having Stephenson up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->