Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #86: Caps @ Blooj | 4/19/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Stephenson needs to have more of a shoot-first mentality but I’ve liked his game otherwise. Don’t ever see him being a top line talent but I think he’s shown me more than the 4th line talent I thought he’d max out at.
I agree. He is a very unselfish player. Too unselfish but I like his speed and defensive play. He is also a very good penalty killer and decent on faceoffs.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Probably the best game they have played all year,

Credit where credit is due. Ovechkin said they would come back tied, he delivered tonight.

Trotz also deserves a lot of credit as well.

When Bura comes back, Chiasson sitsfor sure though.
I'm not convinced about that. Chaisson has played decent.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Probably the best game they have played all year,

Credit where credit is due. Ovechkin said they would come back tied, he delivered tonight.

Trotz also deserves a lot of credit as well.

When Bura comes back, Chiasson sitsfor sure though.
He will sit Vrana..he always has a problem with Vrana..Chiasson has been good the last 2 games though

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Trotz has definitely been solid so far. We’re adapting as the series has gone on and have spent very little time looking like chickens with our heads cut off. He’s effectively deploying speed and finesse players to balance out the plumbers. He’s balancing experience and youth. Not afraid to switch goalies. All positive developments. All paying off with results. He and the team need to sustain this and not rest on their laurels. It’s still anyone’s series rn...

GMBM also deserves kudos for Kempny. By far his best TDL addition so far. Regardless of ultimate outcome he unearthed a gem with that move.

It’s not quite time to turn on the oven but I’ll go to sleep tonight with visions of crow dancing through my head. I consider this a successful season if we make it out of R2. I think it’s unfair to expect a Cup from this iteration of the Caps (not that I’m not praying for it). That’s still a very big hill to climb...but if they keep playing well it’s definitely a solid possibility.

Kudos so far. Really hope they keep it going...

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
12 minutes. Managed minutes for a rookie. Glad to see he is keeping up. That said I am somewhat surprised to find the Caps won the game and Vrana only got 7 minutes
Stephenson played on the 2nd line and got over 17 mins. And it was a great decision by Trotz. Vrana played on the 4th line and also lost mins because he is rarely on the ice for defensive zone faceoffs.
Vrana appears to be our lowest forward in the depth chart.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Stephenson played on the 2nd line and got over 17 mins. And it was a great decision by Trotz. Vrana played on the 4th line and also lost mins because he is rarely on the ice for defensive zone faceoffs.
Vrana appears to be our lowest forward in the depth chart.

I know. Referring to the pregame Trotz is an idiot conversation based on that change.

Trotz doesn't adjust and all

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Trotz has definitely been solid so far. We’re adapting as the series has gone on and have spent very little time looking like chickens with our heads cut off. He’s effectively deploying speed and finesse players to balance out the plumbers. He’s balancing experience and youth. Not afraid to switch goalies. All positive developments. All paying off with results. He and the team need to sustain this and not rest on their laurels. It’s still anyone’s series rn...

GMBM also deserves kudos for Kempny. By far his best TDL addition so far. Regardless of ultimate outcome he unearthed a gem with that move.

It’s not quite time to turn on the oven but I’ll go to sleep tonight with visions of crow dancing through my head. I consider this a successful season if we make it out of R2. I think it’s unfair to expect a Cup from this iteration of the Caps (not that I’m not praying for it). That’s still a very big hill to climb...but if they keep playing well it’s definitely a solid possibility.

Kudos so far. Really hope they keep it going...
I'm in general agreement. Based on the eye test and stats, Caps should be up 3-1.

The X factor is Holtby. If he can more or less play like this, like Vezina Holtby, Caps can win this series and be very competitive w/Pitt.
Philly has next to no goal tending. I don't think - aside from the favoritism they get - that Pitt is some juggernaut.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Congrats Caps, value-adding additional entertainment value to "Monumental Sports & Entertainment" in the second quarter of this fiscal year.
Two more games to go of not being surprised about the outcome!
Didn't see most of the game, can somebody fill me in, are we on the cusp of breaking out the bottom-6 offense any time soon? Seeing the usual suspects on the scoresheet...
Also, what's wrong with Holtby -- does he have a misdiagnosed concussion, causing him to think it's 2012? Is Columbus throwing beeachballs?
I say we go back to OT games now. Let the nerves be properly racked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad