Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #86: Caps @ Blooj | 4/19/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I think this harms their transition and scoring ability and opens the door for CBJ to continue to try and exploit inefficient line/player changes.

I don't disagree, but it also provides positives. Second center on the ice if one gets thrown out, defensively responsible player on the ice if the faceoff is lost, and most importantly a right handed center for the draws to Holtby's right. It's certainly a Trotz risk-averse move, just as is moving Vrana down to the fourth where his defensive liabilities are less likely to be exploited.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didnt Stephenson score 2 goals last game he was in top 6?

No. He scored 0 goals in G2 when Burakovsky skated 2 minutes before he was injured and Stepenson played on Backstrom's line the entire game. If you're trying to argue that Stephenson offers more offensively than Vrana than I'm not sure what to tell you.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
No. He scored 0 goals in G2 when Burakovsky skated 2 minutes before he was injured and Stepenson played on Backstrom's line the entire game. If you're trying to argue that Stephenson offers more offensively than Vrana than I'm not sure what to tell you.
This. The mental gymnastics people go through to justify Trotz's line-up decisions is baffling.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

I meant earlier in year. Im not saying hs better then vrana, im saying when he was in top 6 he did produce

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
My new favorite hockey gif:

PeQQpo3.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Letting Vrana play against weaker competition isn't a bad thing in and of itself. His icetime will certainly go down, but maybe he creates something against Tort's fourth line and bottom pair.

No...come on. Let the Trotz hate meltdown continue. Its hilarious.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Letting Vrana play against weaker competition isn't a bad thing in and of itself. His icetime will certainly go down, but maybe he creates something against Tort's fourth line and bottom pair.
While this is true, if the knock against Vrana is that he's a defensive liability, I'm not sure how taking him off a line with our two best defensive forwards makes much sense.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

It looks like Hartman grabs his stick and closes his legs to get away with holding the stick, then when Andrighetto predictably begins to try and rip it out he acts aghast that he's getting hit in the nuts. No dog in this fight, but Hartman seems like he's trying to pull a saavy vet move by holding Andrighetto's stick and then trying to draw a penalty after he tries to rip his stick back. This is like when guys "accidentally" get others sticks wrapped up in their jerseys as they try to skate away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad