GDT: Preseason Game 6: Penguins

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I am shocked we are icing such a strong roster. I guess it was always the plan.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Raymond had a really, really good game the other night. Not sure why people are down on him. He's being slept on so bad
I am not so much sleeping on him when I speak out. I just don't see those 3 working the way we want them too. I think they are perfect for PP1 though.

I just want a 2nd/3rd line tweener that has size and speed with finishing ability to play with them because i think it's exactly what we need.

They obviously are not the same, but the concept is: z - d - holmstrom. Holmstrom has no business being on that top line when they were together, but he did everything we did not want d and z to do. Sprong fits this mold perfectly but can actually hang with them, speed wise.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I am not so much sleeping on him when I speak out. I just don't see those 3 working the way we want them too. I think they are perfect for PP1 though.

I just want a 2nd/3rd line tweener that has size and speed with finishing ability to play with them because i think it's exactly what we need.

They obviously are not the same, but the concept is: z - d - holmstrom. Holmstrom has no business being on that top line when they were together, but he did everything we did not want d and z to do. Sprong fits this mold perfectly but can actually hang with them, speed wise.

The Debrincat - Larkin - Raymond line makes too much sense tho

Larkin creates so much space in the middle for lateral passes. Raymond ---> Debrincat and vice versa. It's going to be really, really good

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The Debrincat - Larkin - Raymond line makes too much sense tho

Larkin creates so much space in the middle for lateral passes. Raymond ---> Debrincat and vice versa. It's going to be really, really good
I completely understand and the logic is there. But if we want the sake of balance across the top 9, raymond needs to go to line 2. Also, after what I have seen so far, I am not 100% confident that this line would be able to out work and score 5v5 on a mathews/tavaras/mcdavid line. I think their defensive capabilities and forecheck would keep them at bay, but we need the scoring and that is what dbc is here for.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Raymond had a really, really good game the other night. Not sure why people are down on him. He's being slept on so bad
I am not down on Raymond, it is time for him to run his own line and time to see how good he is without Larkin.

Reactions: Duane Smith

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I am not down on Raymond, it is time for him to run his own line and time to see how good he is without Larkin.

Yeah break up a really good line because you want to see how good a 21 year old is without a good center. Makes a tonne of sense

Reactions: raymond23

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah break up a really good line because you want to see how good a 21 year old is without a good center. Makes a tonne of sense
Ray and Cat on the same line will be fun, but no so great definitely and remember first line usually mach with first line. I don't think it's bad to have Ray with Compher and Ras

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I mean, you win Cups with Fleury between the pipes and you probably get a little cocky about how good of a goalie you actually need.

You're underselling Fleury. The guy wasn't prime Hasek but he was a pretty good goalie once upon a time. You don't win 300+ games as just an average goalie.

I think if anything this is telling of Dubas and how much he undervalues premium goaltending.

Reactions: Grey Pilgrim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad