GDT: | Preseason Game #4 | Pens vs Sabres | 1300hrs EST | The one were we lose to an AHL's ECHL's team

Today we:

• Win and everything is awesome here

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Lose and overreact again here

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I don't think he was that bad, really. He was fairly well positioned on the PK's and he did set up our only goal with a long range saucer pass.
Yeah, I think what's becoming clear about Kapanen is that he is only a complementary player, not a play-driver.

Put him with good linemates in good opportunities, he'll do OK. But he won't be the straw that stirs the drink like we all hoped.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's highly disappointing to hear Kapanen's been struggling and doesn't look like he's taken any steps in a positive direction.

He just seems like a guy with some really intriguing physical tools (speed, decent hands/shot) but the more and more it seems like he's got questionable hockey sense/awareness out there.

People are just saying this because they want to piss and moan. Kapanen hasn't been anything special, he's just been okay.

People on here just comically overreact to literally anything they can.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Remember when posters defended keeping Kap? What was the bs spewed - something about other teams wanted us to sign him for two years?

Uhhhh, where are those teams?
I'll still stand by my thoughts that Kap will be a strong player for us this year.

Beat him up in preseason. It's just so Pens board expected for many of you.

Breaking down the game there were no goals scored against us with him on the ice and he contributed to a goal for.

Let's start the whipping boy parade early

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Yeah, I think what's becoming clear about Kapanen is that he is only a complementary player, not a play-driver.

Put him with good linemates in good opportunities, he'll do OK. But he won't be the straw that stirs the drink like we all hoped.
It's just frustrating when a player shows you his peak and does this

and then disappears on you the next year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That's just the thing. Kap's whatever, he's a forgettable 3rd liner. People need to stop viewing him in the scope of some scoring line guy because of like a 10-game stint a couple years ago where he was fortunate enough to click with a Geno who was in god mode before some caveman on the Broons dumbf***ed into Geno's knee and ended his season.

Kap's a 3rd liner. He's got a squirrel-brain that keeps all his tools from being used. He's fine, it just sucks shit that the previous GM paid a ridiculous price for him because he drafted the kid, and he had the kid's dad back in the day on the Canes.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Would you guys trade Kappy and a 1st to the Leafs at the deadline for ZAR?
z5jpoT5.png

"Would you not?"

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
That's just the thing. Kap's whatever, he's a forgettable 3rd liner.

Kap's a 3rd liner. He's got a squirrel-brain that keeps all his tools from being used.

Even if people need to revise their expectations for Kapanen downward (which is a legitimate point), what you are saying only thing that tells me is that Krappy is overpaid by about $1M and signed for a year too long, which is f**king us against the cap this season and next.

Why would this be a joke?

His ES NHL production is at a rate I'd be happy with from Kap, Zuck or Heinen this year.
He also led Wilkes in scoring while there.

I’ll let @Randy Butternubs take this one. Or you can ask any Buffalo Sabres fan.

Reactions: Gurglesons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad