GDT: | Preseason Game #3 | Pens vs Wings | 1900hrs EST | The one where we ice our starting line up

This line up is:

• What we start the season with

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Garbage

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Close to what we start the season with

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • A fantasy

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lacks POJ

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Welp, sully will ride with GCR for good after tonight. I see Jarry was in playoff form.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hockey exhibition games are as meaningless as spring training or football pre-season games. It doesn't matter as to results. But it does matter for some players who are trying to make the roster.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
+ the Pens know the injury curse at PPG and are just trying to avoid it by avoiding any semblance of contact with the puck
+ the PP and lack of finish is in mid season form
+ our ability to make unheard of and crappy AHL goalies look like Vezina winners is unblemished
Y’all know these goalies were the wings prospect goalies right? Like they aren’t good but these weren’t guys we picked up off the street. They are young trying to get better.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
a team that hasn't made it out of the first round in five years and two goalies with 2 playoff wins between them don't get to sleep through the preseason. i don't care about much in a pre-season game but getting blown out by an AHL team should not be on the table at this point

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Very disappointing! Nonetheless it's only an exhibition game, but it's not exactly going to instill much confidence to the fan base. I expected a little bit better effort, hopefully it's not a precursor of things to come.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Good, we’re starting out just like the 2015-16 season where we were shit for two months and got our coach fired before winning the SC lol…

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Let me be perfectly clear, I know for sentimental reasons they kept Letang and Geno. However I think this is a Fool's errand. Will be a good team but we're aging out and I can't say that I feel very confident going into the season in any way shape or form. I would have chosen a different formula this off season. We'll see how it all works out, I'd love to be wrong here but our best players are on the wrong side of 35 now and I don't see how we can realistically compete for Stanley Cup. And no I did not arrive at this conclusion based on this horrific performance tonight.

Reactions: Anna Pinion

Fordy

May 28, 2008
a team that hasn't made it out of the first round in five years and two goalies with 2 playoff wins between them don't get to sleep through the preseason. i don't care about much in a pre-season game but getting blown out by an AHL team should not be on the table at this point
actually they do get to sleep through preseason, just to make sure we all understand

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Mostly all the guys that are old and over paid where pretty stinky tonight, it is only pre-season... I don't like the lethargic look or maybe it is a low moral on our team..

• Haha
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

we only mentioned this just about every game in the second half of the last season and play offs, but who listens? they kept throwing the overall percentages when t was obvius that without Jarry's out of this world goaltending, that PK stunk (oh yes and it coincided with ZAR's leaving so that was another scapegoat...so its 21st f***ing century check the video or something look at the data...and fire Velucci or whoever is in charge there

Reactions: Andy99

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Letang and Malkin both played 10 minutes of powerplay tonight.

One shot between them. I saw the one shot live and in person as a season ticket holder.

But I’m sure that’s on Sullivan. That turd.

• Haha

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Let me be perfectly clear, I know for sentimental reasons they kept Letang and Geno. However I think this is a Fool's errand. Will be a good team but we're aging out and I can't say that I feel very confident going into the season in any way shape or form. I would have chosen a different formula this off season. We'll see how it all works out, I'd love to be wrong here but our best players are on the wrong side of 35 now and I don't see how we can realistically compete for Stanley Cup. And no I did not arrive at this conclusion based on this horrific performance tonight.
How ya doin Rydahhhhhhhhhh?

I can't get myself to actively care about the pre-season in hockey, but I will complain if this team routinely loses games like this in October. I watched about a minute of the stream tonight and saw Malkin skating pretty well, so that was nice.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
How ya doin Rydahhhhhhhhhh?

I can't get myself to actively care about the pre-season in hockey, but I will complain if this team routinely loses games like this in October. I watched about a minute of the stream tonight and saw Malkin skating pretty well, so that was nice.
Hey what's up doc! Long time no see, hope you are well. And yeah I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this particular game but it's certainly not what you want to see. Still, We got a long way to go!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
All honesty I saw a bunch of fringe NHLers playing for Detroit trying to make a team and a bunch of Pens trying not to get banged up in the corners. Goaltending can be better. So can defensive structure. Good thing it's the first preseason game

Reactions: Pens x

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
All honesty I saw a bunch of fringe NHLers playing for Detroit trying to make a team and a bunch of Pens trying not to get banged up in the corners. Goaltending can be better. So can defensive structure. Good thing it's the first preseason game

I saw Crosby frustrated and cross checking players, Petry punched 1 player in the head. Don't act like they weren't trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad