GDT: | Preseason Game #3 | Pens vs Wings | 1900hrs EST | The one where we ice our starting line up

This line up is:

• What we start the season with

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Garbage

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Close to what we start the season with

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • A fantasy

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lacks POJ

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
penguins-penguins-of-madagascar.gif

Following Sunday's split-squad games against the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Penguins return to PPG Paints Arena to host the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday, September 27 at 7:00 PM. Doors to the arena will open at 6:00 PM. Last season, the Penguins went 2-0-1 against Detroit, which gives Pittsburgh a 7-1-1 record against the Red Wings dating back to the beginning of the 2018-19 season. The last time the two teams met, six different goal-scorers, including a two-goal game from Evgeni Malkin, propelled the Penguins to a 7-2 win on April 23rd in Detroit. During their final two matchups last season, Pittsburgh outscored Detroit 18-4.

Fans can listen to the game live on the team's official radio flagship, 105.9 The X. Josh Getzoff and Phil Bourque will call the action. Fans in the U.S. can also stream the game on pittsburghpenguins.com.​
On Monday afternoon, General Manager Ron Hextall announced that defensemen Isaac Belliveau and Ryan McCleary have both been assigned to their respective junior teams, reducing Pittsburgh's training camp roster to 56 players. Belliveau has been assigned to the Gatineau Olympiques in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and McCleary has been assigned to the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League.​

happy-penguin-awareness-day

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
This could be a blood bath IF we wanted it to be.
I'm treating it as a mental fortitude check for our guys. Cossa has been talking since the prospect tourney that he wants to go pro. This might be the Wings' way of asking him if he's sure.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Malkin and Zucker haven't been playing lot together when both fully healthy. Now they have chip on their shoulder I'm actually excited what they can do together.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Malkin and Zucker haven't been playing lot together when both fully healthy. Now they have chip on their shoulder I'm actually excited what they can do together.

Yes I have been assured that health is their one and only problem. We will see.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm going to make the easiest prediction ever for this game: ZMR flies around wow-ing everyone to the tune of exactly 0 goals and a -2 rating as a line. But they'll have a bunch of weak-ass shots on goal and their special numbers will look special.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just looked at the wings forwards...I have no idea who the vast majority are so I'm sure our guys will be given a run for their money tonight.

They have some solid draft talent in there. Including some top ten picks. But it's definitely their B- squad. And only that because it has their probable third line and second pairing playing.

Good thing the Penguins are well-known for stepping on the necks of less talented squads, right?

(This is the part where someone comes in and says "AkShUlLy!")

Last edited:
Reactions: Flying Dego

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I just looked at the wings forwards...I have no idea who the vast majority are so I'm sure our guys will be given a run for their money tonight.
Detroit regulars:
4 bottom-sixers
2 middle pairing defensemen

Pens regulars
9 forwards, including the entire top 6
Full strength D-corps
Both standard goalies

And it's at home.
We need to seriously consider scrapping the season if it's an L tonight.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Meh, one side will be a lot more motivated than the other, I doubt this'll be a neck stepping and I'd be worried if I were a Detroit fan if it was. Wouldn't even be surprised if it was an L.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
We need to seriously consider scrapping the season if it's an L tonight.

lol typical HF fan overreaction.

It's just preseason bro. None of this means anything bro. You can't make any predictions at all about any of this. It's all just theater... this isn't actually even happening, if you think about it. Why are you even here?

Wait... why am *I* even here? Why... why are any of us here?

BcC13Ob.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I was hoping Carter would be out longer tbh

I'm still wondering how the Penguins are going to end up roster compliant.
There was a time when D2D injury meant possible weeks with lingering D2D issues.

-------------

Why is 'garbage a choice when it's close to the starting line ups...
made me laugh so of course.... I picked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad