GDT: | Preseason Game #3 | Pens vs Wings | 1900hrs EST | The one where we ice our starting line up

This line up is:

• What we start the season with

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Garbage

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Close to what we start the season with

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • A fantasy

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Lacks POJ

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think all you people just get more beautiful every year, personally.

That's the drugs tho

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
When the other team gets penalized 9 times, it usually means they’re being outplayed. I’m not sure if was the case tonight at ES. But whatever…the game doesn’t mean anything and the kids on the other side had stuff to prove so Im not going to read a lot into it.

What’s disappointing to me is that Sullivan just signed a new contract..no? So, experiment a little man. You have a mandate, at least for a little while, to try out some other combinations. After the 4th or 5th inept PP in a row…maybe switch up a player or 2? But nothing.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I saw Crosby frustrated and cross checking players, Petry punched 1 player in the head. Don't act like they weren't trying
love your dedication to willful misrepresentation year after year. i heard craig adams is in the best shape of his life

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Jarry was just distracted from the 8 year contract extension Hextall has on the table.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
jkFSFp3.gif

Pens tonight

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I wanted lines 1 and 2 to dominate (to avoid GCR set in stone), Marc Andre Jarry to play well, and see some life on the PP.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Either way, it’s nice that hockey is about to start. I can’t take many more Steelers’ games.

Become an Eagles fan like me :)

But I don't really even care about football.

Anyways positives I take from tonight.

Pettersson - Petry looks like a real pairing. Petry is going to have brain farts, but having a guy that size back there that can skate and move the puck like him is a huge addition.

Zucker - Looks hungry. Would be fun if he actually delivers for us this year.

McGinn - Not sure why people want this guy gone over Blueger.

Poehling - His defensive play and neutral zone play leaves a lot to be desired, but I really dig his play in the corners and below the circles in the offensive zone.

Ty Smith - Bye POJ.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Poehling - His defensive play and neutral zone play leaves a lot to be desired, but I really dig his play in the corners and below the circles in the offensive zone.

We don’t need to trade McGinn if we get rid of Kapanen or Carter. But we need to shed ~ $3M if we want to be able to take a run at a guy like Tarasenko or similar caliber top line/top 6 F.

If Krapanen is as krappy this year as he was last year, I’m more than happy to move him instead.

I’m not concerned about becoming cap compliant THIS season. I’m concerned about being able to add one more top 6 F like we need.

As for Poehling, he better figure out the defensive & neutral zones quick if we want him to take over from Blueger this year or next.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We don’t need to trade McGinn if we get rid of Kapanen or Carter. But we need to shed ~ $3M if we want to be able to take a run at a guy like Tarasenko or similar caliber top line/top 6 F.

If Krapanen is as krappy this year as he was last year, I’m more than happy to move him instead.

I’m not concerned about becoming cap compliant THIS season. I’m concerned about being able to add one more top 6 F like we need.

As for Poehling, he better figure out the defensive & neutral zones quick if we want him to take over from Blueger this year or next.

We can just waive DOC and one of POJ, Friedman or Ruhwedel and be cap compliant.

I think you can insulate Poehling and I think at this point the smart thing to do is play him on LW with Blueger and McGinn as they are fantastic neutral zone players. What I like about Poehling in that role is he has size and creativity and Blueger doesn’t really have either. Although I will say he does flash creativity with more skilled line mates so maybe adding Poehling and McGinn to him gives him a bit more production.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
love your dedication to willful misrepresentation year after year

They were both at the top of their game, that's why it was so frustrating for them. To lose like that and in such an embarrassing manner, neither will sleep well tonight

i heard craig adams is in the best shape of his life

Reactions: BHD

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Something that came up postgame of note...

Most of the top guys have only lightly skated since Saturday and the team hasn't done much special teams work at all. The doubleheader Sunday meant the team was off yesterday.

Detroit had five straight days of practice before playing tonight, which was their first exhibition game.

In other words, Pens have played as many exhibition games as they have had practices. No wonder they look off.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis

Most of the top guys have only lightly skated since Saturday and the team hasn't done much special teams work at all. The doubleheader Sunday meant the team was off yesterday.

Detroit had five straight days of practice before playing tonight, which was their first exhibition game.

In other words, Pens have played as many exhibition games as they have had practices. No wonder they look off.
giphy.gif

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

I’d rather take rusty NHL roster than that Red Wings squad last night. It’s okay to admit the Pens looked uninterested.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Become an Eagles fan like me :)

But I don't really even care about football.

Anyways positives I take from tonight.

Pettersson - Petry looks like a real pairing. Petry is going to have brain farts, but having a guy that size back there that can skate and move the puck like him is a huge addition.

Zucker - Looks hungry. Would be fun if he actually delivers for us this year.

Ty Smith - Bye POJ.
Is this like your new Mathenson/Marino?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Meh, I saw one JV team trying to play their way on to Varsity going against a Varsity team going through the motions. To put it another way, the Pens giveashit/60 was in the 5-6th percentile last night.

It is discouraging however to see the special teams continue to......suck. Given it was a preseason game against essentially the Grand Rapids Griffins, I would have liked to see a bit of experimentation on the power play at least. Try some new stuff to see how it fits because the stuff you're trying doesn't.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
We can just waive DOC and one of POJ, Friedman or Ruhwedel and be cap compliant.

I think you can insulate Poehling and I think at this point the smart thing to do is play him on LW with Blueger and McGinn as they are fantastic neutral zone players. What I like about Poehling in that role is he has size and creativity and Blueger doesn’t really have either. Although I will say he does flash creativity with more skilled line mates so maybe adding Poehling and McGinn to him gives him a bit more production.

I said that I’m not concerned about THIS year. I’ve been saying for a few months that the concern is next year.

Sure, I said that I would rather have signed Burakovsky or Copp than Kapanen + either Blueger/McGinn. But once it was clear that Krapanen wasn’t being moved, I said we’re going to have a crunch with all 3 of Carter/Kap/McGinn squuezikg us against the cap for next summer if we want to add a top line player.

So one of Krap or McGinn needs to get moved unless Carter LTIRetires. By next year Puusy could replace Krappy as a scoring W, and/or McGinn could be replaced by Hallander as a 2-way guy.

That 2nd year for Krappy is going to bite us in the ass so hard if he sucks again this year. And he was utterly useless last night…I didn’t even notice him once out there :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad