GDT: Preseason - Game 3 - New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils , 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Othmann can't f***ing skate either so there goes that excuse.

Lafreniere just sucks at everything.

He's the kid in school who was 6'1" and had a beard freshman year and he got to spend three years playing against children.
Idk he dominated the WJC as an underager. I think he stalled here. Just wasn't a good fit from the getgo for a bunch of reasons.

Reactions: Waterbuf and CLW

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It will be 2031 and we will still be finding a way to insert Kakko and Lafreniere into the top 6 without destroying the chemistry of the 1st and 2nd line duos.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
80svuw.jpg

effen

Feb 3, 2018
He just isn't good enough to make up for his defensive short comings. The juice ain't worth the squeeze.
I'd like to reiterate that 97 pound Jack Hughes in a preseason game saw Zac Jones and went "yeah i can bully him" and went out of his way to throw a hit on him against the boards.

That will repeat every game many many times until the Rangers stop playing him or Zac Jones makes the opponent stop doing it. Odds aren't good.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

He's the kid in school who was 6'1" and had a beard freshman year and he got to spend three years playing against children.
There are plenty of dudes in juniors who are bigger and stronger than Laf. I don’t buy that explanation.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Im more pleasantly surprised by cuylle and othmann than I am disappointed by any losses. What's really offensive is that the list of players better than Goodrow at our disposal has extended to almost a second full roster.

Yeah the list extends.

Brodzinski and Cuylle for sure. Belzile looked decdnt

Anyone else pleasantly surprised by Henriksson? Makes smart little plays. Always on the right side of the puck. Good stick.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd like to reiterate that 97 pound Jack Hughes in a preseason game saw Zac Jones and went "yeah i can bully him" and went out of his way to throw a hit on him against the boards.

That will repeat every game many many times until the Rangers stop playing him or Zac Jones makes the opponent stop doing it. Odds aren't good.
good news... he's not starting. He'll be the 7D, waived or traded.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

That was after Jones completely separated him from the puck with ease though. He’s one of the only guys who can keep up with Hughes’ edge work because they’re the same size

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

decaying for 3 years, it should take more than a couple pre-season games for things to get better.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Guys getting pretty worked up over a preseason game. I'm only taking the positives
Gustafson looks like our 6th d
Cuylle and Othmann look ready, i think Cuylle is the one who makes it first. Othmann by Christmas imo.
Shesty looks sharp already.
Miller Fox isn't a thing, lindgren gets that spot back as he's the right compliment for Fox

effen

Feb 3, 2018
That was after Jones completely separated him from the puck with ease though. He’s one of the only guys who can keep up with Hughes’ edge work because they’re the same size
Jones has ability or he wouldn't be here. He's held back by other things and it doesn't look like he's done anything in 2 years to mitigate that.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Jones has ability or he wouldn't be here. He's held back by other things and it doesn't look like he's done anything in 2 years to mitigate that.

I think he’s significantly stronger than when he first showed up. I could see that for sure. I also see a guy who has removed some of the ‘flash’ to his game though

Reactions: Tob

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Thought it was a fun game. Came down to Kreider's controller disconnecting, oh well. Laf wasn't great but far from the worst. In fact, he was probably the best one on that line but that's not saying much. I get it with the Laf frustration, but i'm gonna give him some runway on his off wing before I pile on.

Cuyyle got way better after I criticized his game in the 1st period. Othmann is one of those dudes who can read the next play. Really like his positioning with and without the puck. I can see a little chemistry forming between him and Kakko.

Thought Jones got better as the game went on and I think he will have a future in the league, but yeah Gus is the guy and it seems pretty obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad