GDT: Preseason Game #3 - Edmonton vs Vancouver - The Brown Arrival 7pm MST - SN

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Well duh, it's their 1st game together after how many months?
Like I said to you yesterday, they'll play another 3-4 together before the end of preseason. It's a non-issue.
Like I said, that’s all I want. Last year they played 3 total. That’s when it becomes an issue, and it was a clear issue last year.

Last edited:

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
One thing I was hoping for going into this season was that Leon would learn how to control his temper better and take less needless retaliatory penalties... but he took another one last night against the Canucks.
It’s ok. He scores lots.

be concerned about the guy who takes penalties and can’t score.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I would definitely have Brown favoured, but it's not unreasonable. Even strength per 60 numbers for both (excluding seasons under 50 games:

FoegeleG/60P/60
18/190.71.1
19/200.71.9
20/210.91.7
21/220.61.4
22/230.92.1

BrownG/60P/60
16/171.01.6
17/180.71.5
18/190.41.6
19/200.72
20/211.22
21/220.51.6

Jesus christ tables are hard to add here lol. But my point is that Foegele's even strength production is not all that far off from Brown's, granted I have no idea what their quality of line mates are (though I would imagine Brown's would be higher?). Comparing their last five real seasons at even strength, Foegele has scored goals at a higher rate in 3/5 and tied in another, and has produced points at a higher rate in 2/5. They seem like pretty comparable players.
Well...for those numbers to be fair then Browns injury outlier season (21/22) should be excluded.
Also...in 18/19 Browns minutes dropped substantially in Toronto. He was traded shortly after.
Likely fell out of favor with the new coach. It happens.
Definitely an outlier year for Brown as his minutes were the lowest in his career that season.

Also...in Foegeles 5 years in the NHL he has only managed to get top 6 minutes with Edmonton. Likely because he just isnt a top 6 winger and the experiment with the Oilers confirmed that.

If you are suggesting that Brown is a marginal upgrade (over Foegele) as a top 6 winger then we shall just have to agree to disagree.
Lets see how the season unfolds.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Personally I think the Hyman Brown comps are somewhat overstated. They are connected by a similar high work rate and dogged puck pursuit game. Hyman though is a contemporary power forward without the nasty disposition at 210 pounds is virtually immoveable netfront and battle areas on the ice. Brown is 180 pounds who won’t be outworked and uses a strong processor to anticipate where the puck which augments his tenacity to outwork opposition for its retrieval. His big value might come in helping the Oil PK to improve which is a vital need in their goal suppression priority goal for next level true Cup contender status.

I wouldn’t get too worked up about camp lines. This team’s greatest strength is its versatility to move around the forward group with its centre-wing flexibility and strong hockey IQ/processor that is imbedded within all of their top 6 forwards.

Early days.
Both make the opposition have to match their work rate or get overwhelmed by their doggedness. This should help to tire out the opposition and allow Connor and Leon to exploit the tired opposing players.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
One thing I was hoping for going into this season was that Leon would learn how to control his temper better and take less needless retaliatory penalties... but he took another one last night against the Canucks.
It’s those cheap ones between the legs that piss me off. He really needs to get that out of his game.

Reactions: ZJuice

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drai is like 210, it’s not like he’s some hulking power forward that weighs 230+
So 210lb forward Leon Draisaitl is not a power forward in your mind? You know he's way above average weight for forwards and that he plays a heavy game and drags forecheckers along for rides a lot of the time right? You know that because he's a forward he skates a ton of ice and hes' the only one that can keep up with McD for long stretches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad