GDT: Preseason Game #2 at Washington

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Figured we might lose this one since they had alot of their top players in this one. But we didn't lose by much. Nice to see Sprong get one.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If Lalonde ever sits Berggren for Fischer I have to question his sanity. The guy is looking like a RHS Erne.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Kasper, nothing really stood out good and bad. Def needs some AHL.
Edvinsson really solid game, great breakouts and looked comfortable.
Sprong looked great, should get 20 goals.
Compher made a lot of great defensive plays, and looks better to me than Copp.
Fabbri give us 82 games hockey gods!
Veleno looks the same.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Veleno looks the same.

Kasper played smart defensive hockey most of the game. Lost the faceoff on Tom Wilson’s goal that he couldn’t do much about. Lost his man on the 4th goal though. Definitely needs AHL time.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
You hit some out of the park and you miss on some swings. That's how drafting works.

Cossa is not a bust yet, btw. So not a wasted pick just yet.
He’s a goalie…. Historically goalies take a long time over ripening before they become “elite” or even just ready for the NHL. Same route for bigger/taller players and defensemen as well.

Cossa is a goalie and is a giant of a human being. He’s a work in progress which can be an out of the park home run swing if he pans out… thus far he is just a kid trying to take his next stride on his development. Give him 2-3 more years and then you can call him a bust if his progression is stagnent.

Everyone labelling the kid a bust even before he plays his first full season seems to have ants in their pants or something…

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't remember Wick getting shot in the knees, but I haven't watched the last one yet.

He doesn't get shot in the knees, but he does fall from great heights more than once and survive.

Why are people saying can we get rid of Reimer and at the same time running down Cossa? They both let 2 in on about the same shot totals?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Veleno looks the same.
Veleno was much stronger on the puck. Skating seemed a little quicker. I thought I heard he put some weight on. and it showed this game. As Joe performances go. It was an improvement.

Reactions: lilidk

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
He’s a goalie…. Historically goalies take a long time over ripening before they become “elite” or even just ready for the NHL. Same route for bigger/taller players and defensemen as well.

Cossa is a goalie and is a giant of a human being. He’s a work in progress which can be an out of the park home run swing if he pans out… thus far he is just a kid trying to take his next stride on his development. Give him 2-3 more years and then you can call him a bust if his progression is stagnent.

Everyone labelling the kid a bust even before he plays his first full season seems to have ants in their pants or something…

I see quite a few people saying 'big' goalies take even longer to develop. Why is that?

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I see quite a few people saying 'big' goalies take even longer to develop. Why is that?
It is the same for most big guys, regardless of position. Hand eye coordination, and getting used to the size of your body. In addition to that, it takes longer to fill out your frame.

Reactions: 13to40

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
If veleno can consistently pull above 50% faceoffs and be solid defensively he can be the 4th line center. I'm not really seeing any offensive upside to his game.

Kasper is going to need to make more of an offensive impact to start in the NHL. A year of seasoning in tje AHL is probably not a bad idea. I think Soder is probably the young forward most likely to make the team or be the 1st callup this season.

Cossa I'm ignoring for at least 2 more seasons. I was not a big fan of the pick as I hate 1st round goalies but he's huge and it takes time for the reflexes to catch up.

Ed looked good again from what I was able to watch. I still think he starts in the AHL but if someone goes down I think he gets the call if it is a top 4 guy.

Hope Fabs and Sprong have strong seasons but I don't see both making it through the year as a wing. I think at least one if not both are dealt at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad