Post-Game Talk: Preseason game 1 vs Blackhawks 9/16 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Since I always forget how pre-season works I thought I would post the rule for people like me:

15.4 (c) of the NHL-NHLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement
A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either: (1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season, (2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season, (3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or (4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games. The matter of Player participation in Exhibition Games shall be referred to the NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee for its consideration and recommendations, if any, in accordance with Article 22.​

Reactions: Silky mitts

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
People like to like all MF related posts, let them!

I think Fever with Carlson is potentially nice pair. Carlson can attack, fever can sweep the rest with his skating. This is his slot while Kempny is out.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
This post got a like. I guess sarcasm isn't for everyone.

Sarcasm often gets lost in translation. But I like it. Always good to have differing points of views. Even if they go against your own. Adds a little spice to the discussion. Spice is good as long as it's not blatant trolling.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Why is Wilson even playing tonight with the scrub team? After last seasons suspension why risk it?

Over and above the veteran requirement, why him? Its easy to project. Wilson and the Caps want him to improve another step or two in his development. I am going to guess that he is working on specific improvements to his offensive game that requires game speed reps. For instance I bet he gets most of the power play time in the bumper hole. That's the obvious one to start with but I am sure there are many other areas of his scoring game that they are working on.

He is going to be expected to be every bit the offensive player this season that TJ Oshie is. I can guess that the Caps are looking to Wilson to pick up the slack between what Connolly did last season and what Panik can do this season plus hold up his own scoring from last season. That's around 30 goals.

Reactions: chilimac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad