GDT: Preseason #7 | Flames vs Jets @ 6pm MT

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
I'd even swap zad with Vali. Zad had looked like shit this preseason but with Gudbranson out there it's hard to notice. Atleast Vali is young and can grow.

We need Zad's presence back there, but not at the risk of costly mistakes from gifting him 18 minutes a game. I think playing Zad with Stone would actually better achieve the effect Sutter is hoping to by playing him with Tanev.

Vali and Kyller have both had their ups and downs during preseason so far, but I've seen more positives from Kylington. How do you keep someone who can skate and move the puck like he can out of the lineup? Maybe Vali should start the season as the #7 we'd ultimately get a better version than if he was automatically penciled in as #3D with Stone, like it seems Sutter has already done. We'll see how they look tonight.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We need Zad's presence back there, but not at the risk of costly mistakes from gifting him 18 minutes a game. I think playing Zad with Stone would actually better achieve the effect Sutter is hoping to by playing him with Tanev.

Vali and Kyller have both had their ups and downs during preseason so far, but I've seen more positives from Kylington. How do you keep someone who can skate and move the puck like he can off the team? Maybe Vali should start the season as the #7 we'd get a better version than if he was automatically penciled in as #3D with Stone, like it seems Sutter has already done. We'll see how they look tonight.

Neither Zad or Stone is a quick skater, with today's speed every pairing needs an above average skater. I'd swap zad and Stone back and forth depending on if we want zad's physical play over Stones steady play.

Sitting a young D man is an awful way to develop him, we need Valimaki playing very often especially after missing an entire season already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Vladar

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Well on the bright side ______________

Flames might have to back up the Brinks truck for Gaudreau just to make their hockey team watchable.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Tied it up somehow lmao. Win it for Vladar

Wonder where Mangiapane tops out this year? 60 pts achievable? Great shot pass from Dube as well.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
This year? Yes.
Career Peak? I think he could easily have a 50 goal season. I think he could add another 30+ assists to that

3b043e07-bbfa-4145-8197-6df263c7d023_text.gif

Reactions: Darth Vladar

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just texted my buddy.
He said there’s a reason Dube has been auditioning as a centre this preseason.

Could be tied to Monahan, could be Dube himself. I’ll let you kiddos debate.

Reactions: Mazatt

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Just texted my buddy.

I hope it means Mony is moving to Backlund's wing lmao

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Just texted my buddy.

Dube’s the best C we’ve had in a long time in terms of gaining the offensive zone. Hopefully our coach can see what’s blatant every time he’s out there at C

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Just texted my buddy.

Tell your buddy to stop being so f***ing cryptic!!! Debate over lmao.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Walker Duehr is gonna be cut

Probably, but I think it's more that we have an abundance of RW's than anything to do with how well he's played. I think he's had a solid preseason, let him build on that in Stockton. There is Ritchie, Pitlick, Lewis and Gawdin (who can play C or RW) ahead of him, and one of those guys is still going to be cut from the roster (depending on if/when Pitlick is taken off IR)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad