GWT: Premier League Matchday 37

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Salah diving makes me sad, because I really like him as a person.

Fun first half. Happy to be leading. Bakayoko, Courtois, and Moses look very sharp. Fabregas shaky.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Fun first half. Happy to be leading. Bakayoko, Courtois, and Moses look very sharp. Fabregas shaky.

He's still so lovable...

re; Bakayoko every time I see a midfielder string together 2 consecutive passes I get jealous Argentina have little of that...the player is usually French.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Yea Fabregas has looked like he’s on a different page than the others in attack. It’s not that he’s playing terrible balls or making terrible runs per se, they’re just not at all the ones his teammates are expecting him to make leading to cheap turnovers and wasted chances.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Interesting to see Clyne get integrated into the starting lineup... I wonder if he replaces Arnold in the final.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kante has been very good. Courtois has been very tall. Milner doesn't look great. Salah looks tired.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

I did read on this website that Bakayoko was a failure and would never adapt to Chelsea.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It is there 4th game in two weeks. Understandable

Indeed. They look like a tired side running on fumes. They apparently don't have the squad depth for a deep CL run and league success. It's a bit of a shame because the club should have the funds to acquire more depth but now lack it in a crucial phase.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Indeed. They look like a tired side running on fumes. They apparently don't have the squad depth for a deep CL run and league success. It's a bit of a shame because the club should have the funds to acquire more depth but now lack it in a crucial phase.

I think the plan klopp has in mind for the summer is to acquire more depth. They need one midfield starter, and depth.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
What a terrible game. Have to win against Brighton now, unless Huddersfeld and Newcastle take something from Chelsea.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Feels good. Cagey final moments, but feels good.

MOTM is between Hazard and Rudiger. Hazard was absolutely wicked, but Rudiger did such a good job against that Liverpool front three.

Yea Fabregas has looked like he’s on a different page than the others in attack. It’s not that he’s playing terrible balls or making terrible runs per se, they’re just not at all the ones his teammates are expecting him to make leading to cheap turnovers and wasted chances.

Yeah, he was just out of sync.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I understand if they wanted to loan Origi to get him more minutes, but they loaned a striker that could score goals in the Premier League and brought in one who cannot.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It wasn't meaningless, though, because they still haven't clinched top four. They should've rested Salah, I agree, but I can understand the logic in playing him.

It would tae a colossal failure for them not to make top 4. Stretch your bench and grind out a draw or 2.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah Liverpool have to win on the final day now...again, probably.

D2M I think you need to look closer at the situation. If Chelsea and Spurs win out Liverpool have to win their last game.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Cant throw a two goal lead with 15 minutes to go to the last place team. That is why they need a win next week. Brighton cant be relegated, and Huddersfield played well today at City and still need points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad