GWT: Premier League Matchday 37

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How can a manager get away with not setting up any sort of attacking system? Just embarrassing .

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If this keeps up one of the midfield is getting subbed off at halftime

If they could I'd sub off all 4.

Mata has been invisible, Matic and Fellaini giving away a ton of balls, and Pogba putting in about as much effort as I do when my 4 year old and I are kicking the ball back and forth in the backyard.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Only player I’ve been entirely okay with is DDG other than that Rashford and Martial have been okay. The rest have been bad.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
just gotta hope the boys can keep up the energy here and I think things will go well today....It may be wishful thinking

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know you were saying it’s hard to consider this season a failure Hatterson, but it’s games like this; where no one looks prepare or on the same page where I have issues. There’s been way to many games where it looks like we’re fielding 11 strangers and hoping for the best and that’s why so many people are not satisfied with this season.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't remotely saying we should be thrilled with this season. I'm pissed off when I see crap like this, even if it's a fairly meaningless game.

I was just pushing back on the posts that had been going around wondering how Mourinho was keeping his job, calling the season a complete failure, or wondering how the board still supports him. It's pretty obvious why the organization still supports him and his job isn't in question. They've put together a season where they'd be on pace to be in the title conversation in most years and they're in the FA cup final. Given what the team has been through since Sir Alex left, I can understand why the board is happy, even if fans aren't thrilled.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't remotely saying we should be thrilled with this season. I'm pissed off when I see crap like this, even if it's a fairly meaningless game.

I was just pushing back on the posts that had been going around wondering how Mourinho was keeping his job, calling the season a complete failure, or wondering how the board still supports him. It's pretty obvious why the organization still supports him and his job isn't in question. They've put together a season where they'd be on pace to be in the title conversation in most years and they're in the FA cup final. Given what the team has been through since Sir Alex left, I can understand why the board is happy, even if fans aren't thrilled.

It’s our damn expectations getting in the way :sarcasm: but yeah games like this shock me when coming from such a “highly touted” manager. Getting the team on the same page should be one of the first things he does.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yea if that was called a goal without it I'd be pissed off and I imagine the United players would have been swarming the ref. Instead he just points to the watch and everyone shrugs and says "well I guess that's that"

Easy as that.

Also this is embarrassing. Can’t believe how awful we’ve been today.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Easy as that.

Also this is embarrassing. Can’t believe how awful we’ve been today.

Yea I'm not sure if I'd have actually been mad if the goal was given without the system because of how horrible this performance is, but in a situation where it might have mattered or United "deserved" better I'd have been upset.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United such a good guy squad trying to make sure the little teams stay up. Losses to each of the newly promoted sides this year.

At least I'm assuming we're not scoring in stoppage time, been a joke so far, don't see that changing.

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
For 30-35 match days, it only mattered how ManU did against the likes of Brighton. But the last 3-4 match days, it matters MUCH more how Brighton does against the likes of ManU.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->