Premier League 2017-2018

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, all those fans on twitter who have been b-hurt since the draw weeks ago... its all sarcasm... sure.

Yeah I don't think anyone cares about a league draw from months ago at this point of the season. It's a big joke that you think people really care. Champions League semifinals, that's what people care about.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah I don't think anyone cares about a league draw from months ago at this point of the season. It's a big joke that you think people really care. Champions League semifinals, that's what people care about.

You should check out a few reddit threads regarding the topic. Jesus Christ...

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
the Liverpool freak out on the Kane goal decision is hilarious on twitter.

You'll never whine alone.

In all of this, Liverpool or Liverpool fans are hardly the ones looking bad.

They're (rightfully) making fun of Kane, his pettiness, his taking a goal from his team mate, and the silly people who awarded him the goal even though every replay shows him NOT touching the ball.

Also, swearing on your daughter's life is just bizarre lol...

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You can "see" with capital letters that he didn't touch it?

Don't see why he would be given the goal if that wasn't most likely what actually happened. And if that was what actually happened I don't see the problem with getting it right.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
People are delusional if they think Kane got the goal even though the panel didn't think he touched it.

The panel (Goal Accreditation Appeals Panel) literally said they changed it due to player testimonies and replays.

I've yet to see any video showing Kane touch the ball - in fact, it really doesn't look that close.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Capture.JPG

That doesn't prove he touched it, but to say it isn't close? Obviously his shoulder - not his head.

To me it looks like he touched it. They should have access to that footage at much higher quality.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
View attachment 112993

That doesn't prove he touched it, but to say it isn't close? Obviously his shoulder - not his head.

To me it looks like he touched it. They should have access to that footage at much higher quality.

That's the pic Kane posted on his twitter, and it's a still. From this angle, ball in front of the player, yeah looks like he could've touched it.
See the video, 2 or 3 angles, and it maaaaaybe touches the hair on his head - but is nowhere near his shoulder.
I mean, the video above isn't the best quality, but you can clearly see the ball doesn't touch his shoulder.
(best thing about the replay is that he was offside when Eriksen hit the ball btw :D )

I don't really care, I just find the whole thing bizarre, especially "swearing on his daughter's life". o_O

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That's the pic Kane posted on his twitter, and it's a still. From this angle, ball in front of the player, yeah looks like he could've touched it.
See the video, 2 or 3 angles, and it maaaaaybe touches the hair on his head - but is nowhere near his shoulder.
I mean, the video above isn't the best quality, but you can clearly see the ball doesn't touch his shoulder.
(best thing about the replay is that he was offside when Eriksen hit the ball btw :D )

I don't really care, I just find the whole thing bizarre, especially "swearing on his daughter's life". o_O

No. It is not - since I made that still from a video (but he probably did the same).

Agree on the bizarre part - that so many fans care that much - and that someone's word clearly isn't worth much. Really hope some high definition stills are made public at some point.

I don't know if he touched it, but I do think it is a bit funny that someone can be that sure he didn't.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I don't know if he touched it, but I do think it is a bit funny that someone can be that sure he didn't.

Fair enough.

I'll rephrase it, because you're right.

In light of all the available video replays on the interwebs that I've seen/found, I've yet to see any angle that would have me think Kane touched the ball.

But ultimately, at this point, it's just good bantz - I don't really care either way.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Whether it did or not the whole process looks kind of bad on Kane and he's getting roasted pretty much everywhere for it. Hope he doesn't win the golden boot by 1 because I'm sure he'll never hear the end of it then.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Whether it did or not the whole process looks kind of bad on Kane and he's getting roasted pretty much everywhere for it. Hope he doesn't win the golden boot by 1 because I'm sure he'll never hear the end of it then.

But why?

I know people might think I "defend" Kane because I'm a Spursfan, but that is not it (I'm probably more disgusted everytime Alli simulates because I'm a Spursfan if anything as an example). If he feels the ball touching his should why shouldn't he/the club ask for the right goalscorer to be registered? It would be rather absurd not asking to fix what is from his point of view a clear mistake.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Because it's meaningless, it's petty. Goal was scored, a team won, another team lost. Result is the same.
I can't really remember a case like this in top-tier football. Team complaining to take a goal from one player to another - it's ridiculous.

Especially when all the videos available seem to show otherwise.

But anyway, at this point, it's become a meme, it's about banter... :D

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Still. The point stands. If he touched the ball why not make it right?

It's not like the club or Kane has spent a lot of energy overturning the decision. You have probably spent more time arguing your case on this message board than the club and Kane combined.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Still. The point stands. If he touched the ball why not make it right?

It's not like the club or Kane has spent a lot of energy overturning the decision. You have probably spent more time arguing your case on this message board than the club and Kane combined.

He swore on his daughter's life.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean, they had to go through player testimony and submit an application for it to be changed so I imagine they put some effort into it. Like Corto said...it's the principle of it. IF Kane did touch it (and it really does not look like he did...maybe a stray hair?) the contact was minuscule and didn't change the trajectory of the ball at all (which is why nobody thinks he touched it). To take credit for that goal is pretty bush league and looks desperate. But he did swear on his daughter's life so I hope it did graze him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad