Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Of the two outcomes, which Pens-dependent outcome do you prefer?

• Sharks draft between 11-15 with the Pens 2024 1st round pick

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Sharks roll into 2025 with the Pens unprotected pick.

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So right now this is sitting at 12th overall. Let's say the first 11 picks are (in some order) Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson, Parekh, Lindstrom, Catton, Helenius, Buium and Yakemchuk.

Who would you take?

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
So right now this is sitting at 12th overall. Let's say the first 11 picks are (in some order) Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Dickinson, Parekh, Lindstrom, Catton, Helenius, Buium and Yakemchuk.

Who would you take?
Personally, I'd be bummed we just missed out on Yak and I'd choose between Iggy and Greentree and be pretty happy about it.

Reactions: bullslugg

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Personally, I'd be bummed we just missed out on Yak and I'd choose between Iggy and Greentree and be pretty happy about it.
Not Eiserman? I love the idea of drafting Iginla but I can't help but think Grier will go with the Boston kid.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Not Eiserman? I love the idea of drafting Iginla but I can't help but think Grier will go with the Boston kid.
Iginla is a goalscorer too (maybe not as purely excellent at goalscoring) but also shows hustle, complete game, skating, and the right attitude. Golden pedigree. Could be our Leonard.

And Greentree is a big, strong, also pretty dangerous goalscorer/playmaker and could look a bit like Musty. So I could see him going that way.

I personally fade Eiserman. And I don't think Grier's Boston bias is quite as strong as DW's Ottawa 67's bias.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Who would you take?
I'd either reach for Adam Jiricek or see if there's a trade back to where it fits to take him and try and get another 2nd or something. Jiricek probably won't be anything special but looks like he'd be a solid RD2.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015

Who would you take?
I would include one of our 2nds to trade up before that happens. The drop off after those 11 is massive.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Who would you take?
Eiserman if we get Celebrini, Iginla otherwise. I like Iginla more but Eiserman and Celebrini are good friends and have proven chemistry.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Eiserman or Iginla. Either way that's a legit top-6 winger. I'd lean Eiserman as most of our guys are playmakers...and he would give us that legit goal-scoring threat whenever he's on the ice.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I'd take Nygard with Helenius off the board
The Sharks are barren when it comes to RW who are predicted to be top 6 wingers.

Reactions: Sandisfan

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Sure they will do everything they can. The issue with Pittsburgh is that they can't really do all that much. Looking at Smith as dead weight with 34 points in 65 games when they need depth is unlikely to be a good answer for them. They need to replace Guentzel, get another top nine caliber forward, and get a top four caliber defenseman to take some of the burden off the top four there that's doing all the heavy lifting for them. Plus, a lot of these guys have trade protections so it's not easy finding dump recipients on their list of acceptable teams. On top of that, they tried a lot of different cheap answers to try and address depth concerns and they aren't working out all that well.

If Pittsburgh lands in the top ten, I can't imagine them choosing to send that pick to the Sharks so I expect them to go all out next year in Crosby's last year contractually. I just don't see a road to success for them that gets them back in the playoffs. If Guentzel doesn't even want to come back they are in huge trouble.
Maybe we can interest them in a slightly used klim kostin

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Do y'all feel less inclined to a forward at 11 or 12 to a defenseman if we do end up getting #1? Or do you guys not care.

I feel like there will be a run of defenseman within the top 10. I feel like Silayev is rated higher internally than on message boards due to his physical tools. Akin to Simashev last year. Eiserman I don't think makes it to 11, and neither do I for Iginla who's soaring up boards. He's on that exponential growth curve.

My intuition at this stage feels l like the top 10 will be some combination of

Celebrini, Lindstrom, Silayev, Demidov, Levshunov, Parekh, Catton, Iginla, Dickinson, Eiserman.

Leaving Helenius, Yakemchuk, Brandsegg-Nygård and Buium on the board.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
If Yakemchuk or Buium are available at 11/12 and we have the pick, I'll be very happy. I'd personally take them over MBN or Helenius. Helenius seems like he will be good but he profiles a lot like Smith or Eklund.

Reactions: CaptainShark

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Levshunov + a falling dmam like Buium would really turn our "potential" defense around in one round.

While being bad with to hopefully land a elite first line type forward next year. Obviously I want Celebrini but that wouldn't be the worst outcome.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If you think they’ll be 11th or worse next year you pray they keep the pick for two shots at the number one pick next year.
Will be 3 shots at #1, as vegas is in real cap trouble next year. Unless someone like Hertl / stone pulls a Kuch move and misses from game 1 right through 82.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Thanks for making this thread. Brought a ton of bad karma.

Penguins are 3 points out of the playoffs now with seven games to go.

Karma talk from the guy that writes fanfiction about the father of the projected #1 pick in the draft preferring to see his son rotting on the streets than in a Sharks jersey.

Interesting.

Last edited:

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I am hoping for Iginla. I like when their parents or relatives are former players. Sharks should have also gotten Vlasic's cousin and Marchment's son.

• Haha

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Karma talk from the guy that writes fanfiction about the father of the projected #1 pick in the draft preferring to see his son rotting on the streets than in a Sharks jersey.

Interesting.
That's completely different. That is just speculation based on a rumor that has been swirling around.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
After much consideration, I've decided that my preferred outcome for this pick is a superstar defenseman.

HOWEVER...I wouldn't be upset with a superstar center, and would even settle for a superstar goaltender or even a superstar winger.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Looking at the Pens remaining schedule, I don’t see them climbing higher then right now (which would give us 12 OA).

The three teams on the weak side are all fighting for their PO-lifes as well.

Even IF the Pens beat those 3 in regulation, it probably won’t matter.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
After much consideration, I've decided that my preferred outcome for this pick is a superstar defenseman.

HOWEVER...I wouldn't be upset with a superstar center, and would even settle for a superstar goaltender or even a superstar winger.
Future considerations incoming

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad