Preferred first round matchup

Preferred first round matchup

• Total voters

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think we match up best with the Wild. We also have a pretty good history with them, so it would be a fun series.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Needs a ‘doesn’t matter/don’t care’ option

It really doesn’t matter I don’t think. Jets should win against any of these teams. Minnesota might be nice for fans that want to go to Minnie

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Needs a ‘doesn’t matter/don’t care’ option

It really doesn’t matter I don’t think. Jets should win against any of these teams. Minnesota might be nice for fans that want to go to Minnie

Added!

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I said Stars, just because of the offensive potential. But really it doesn't matter too much, I'm just so excited about the playoffs!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Minnesota scares me the most because they can tighten up defensively when they need to and it will make for some very close games. Colorado is next simply because they always seem to score in bunches, but I think our depth is better. MacKinnon is on another level this year though. Dallas scares me the least and is my ideal first round matchup. They have a beastly top line but their depth is pretty bad. Our 2nd line down is much better when healthy and our D can skate circles around theirs when healthy as well. I think if we face Dallas we stand the best shot at advancing though nothing is guaranteed.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Would prefer Kings/Ducks so I could watch live but I think the "easiest" 1st round matchup is the Stars.

The Wild scare me for some reason. Even more than Nashville would. I'll take any team but them!

The Wild can tighten up at will and force a 1 goal game. At that point it's anybodies game to win. Staal playing like he has coupled with the forechecking of Zucker. Koivu's ability to shut anyone down and some of the depth they have throughout makes them a scary matchup. We have the firepower they have the ability to shut it down.

Reactions: DashingDane

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think I prefer Colorado/Dallas just because their back-end is weak and would be soooo overmatched by our forward group. Also, the Wild have won a lot since Christmas. But I feel good about any of them.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
The Wild can tighten up at will and force a 1 goal game. At that point it's anybodies game to win. Staal playing like he has coupled with the forechecking of Zucker. Koivu's ability to shut anyone down and some of the depth they have throughout makes them a scary matchup. We have the firepower they have the ability to shut it down.

Agree! And they are a grizzly vet team going up against a team considered favorites but that doesn't have much PO experience. 1st round is the only time I fear Jets nerves/inexperience and Wild is the only team I think could take advantage of that...

Reactions: Daximus

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Minnesota for me.
Travel is minimal, the atmosphere between fan bases would be great, and it would pose an honest opponent in terms of setting up for a run.
Don't want any part of Colorado's goonery or the stupid elevation there. You know Zadorov and Landy would be running around like idiots out there. Really don't want any more 'adversity' than we already are experiencing.
Also no thanks to Dallas. Mainly because watching Dallas home games with all the people standing all game is aggravating AF to me.

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Agree! And they are a grizzly vet team going up against a team considered favorites but that doesn't have much PO experience. 1st round is the only time I fear Jets nerves/inexperience and Wild is the only team I think could take advantage of that...

Agreed. They actually scare me more than Slashville. At least with them the game is usually pretty open as they play a high octane puck moving game like us so the scoring can go either way. Very exciting brand of hockey. The Wild can just stifle the offence completely sometimes, while still managing to generate chances. They remind me of the Kings of a couple seasons back without as much solid depth.

Reactions: DashingDane

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Dallas because I think that's the easiest matchup to the second round.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
I want Dallas, our elite shut down line when healthy will really expose the lack of depth scoring on the Stars and we will create matchup nightmares for them

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
ABC

Anyone But Colorado

Minny or Dallas... Either or. Not particularly afraid of either.

Think Playoff nerves are overrated... These guys have all played in big games... Most in elimination games and have won and lost those games.

Think we feed off the crowd here and woop some major ass at home... We are pretty deadly good at home

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
ABC

Anyone But Colorado

Minny or Dallas... Either or. Not particularly afraid of either.

Think Playoff nerves are overrated... These guys have all played in big games... Most in elimination games and have won and lost those games.

Think we feed off the crowd here and woop some major ass at home... We are pretty deadly good at home

I agree to some extent. But this team is going into the PO's as favorites, with the media hyping them up as contenders. That is a situation that is unfamiliar to most Jets players. I'm not saying they can't handle it but it certainly ups the pressure and expectations. A couple of unlucky bounces and you never know how a young team responds.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Despite all our success against Dallas I have a feeling they are the biggest threat to upset us. They have great star power with a little less depth but not by much

Wild are a good system team with great depth but I'm still pretty confident we'd win out in the end against a Boudreau team.

Avs we have a better player in every position except MacKinnon. We should be able to oust them in 5 despite how well they've played this year.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
Wild would be great for the road trip potential. Taking over a visiting arena in the playoffs would be amazing. Check

Stars. We’ve had their number the last two seasons. Doubt that would change in the playoffs. Double Check.

Avs are hot hot hot. They would concern me a bit for that reason only. But I think we would come out on top. Triple Check.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Agreed. They actually scare me more than Slashville. At least with them the game is usually pretty open as they play a high octane puck moving game like us so the scoring can go either way. Very exciting brand of hockey. The Wild can just stifle the offence completely sometimes, while still managing to generate chances. They remind me of the Kings of a couple seasons back without as much solid depth.
I don't know about stifling our offence. Which of our 3 first lines are they going to target? :)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't know about stifling our offence. Which of our 3 first lines are they going to target? :)

Hard to say and it may just be what I think is happening but for some reason I remember us always having very close games against the Wild. This year so far has been...

4-3 W
2-1 W
7-2 W
4-1 L

vs Dallas we have..

5-2 W
5-3 W

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I don’t want want to face Dallas, but I’d rather play them than the other two(as they have been very good agaisnt us over the years).

I think the underdog in that situation has a better chance at winning as they might be hungrier to win as they always get pounded. I don’t like like any situation here but I will take Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad