Speculation: Preemptive Injury Report> Tim Connolly

hockeyfanz*

Will Tim overcome his injuries woes and make an impact in a contract year?

How many games?

And

How many points?

:laugh: I thought by the title you were reporting Connolly's injury before it happened.

Connolly will play in 32 games and record 24 points.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
He is the Leafs 3rd highest paid forward and 4th highest paid player overall on the team. At $4.75 mil and injury prone that doesn't look good as a utility forward and depth player.

Timmy is lucky for his sake that amnesty buyouts don't cut in until next year and then he will have already completed his Leafs contract, otherwise he might have been unemployed soon and handed his walking papers early. ;)

Tim Connolly put up 36 points in 70 games last season and so in 1/2 a year he might be good for 20ish.
I don't think bringing up how much he is paid is that relevant. It's important to remember that he's getting paid such money due to his short term. With a free agency that was so consistently horrid for guys of his ilk with unfathomably horrible contracts in regards to both term and value, I'd say Burke didn't do too bad. It was a stop gap risk-reward scenario in which the reward never really materialized but the risk was minimized fairly effectively. I'm not sure if you were making a point or not but I figured it wasn't that out of place either way, so meh.

But yeah, you're totally on the money. He's not very good in a bottom 6 role for obvious reasons and by the looks of things he isn't going to stick on the top line when his competition is Tyler Bozak. Plus he has boneitis. For an injury prone guy who hasn't been playing professional hockey so far this lockout (as far as I know) when the games are going to be at a high intensity and fairly frequently without much of a training camp I'm not too optimistic about his health. Hopefully he can stay healthy and manage to be an upgrade over Bozak this half season though, dude probably wants another hefty paycheque.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
He is the Leafs 3rd highest paid forward and 4th highest paid player overall on the team. At $4.75 mil and injury prone that doesn't look good as a utility forward and depth player.

Timmy is lucky for his sake that amnesty buyouts don't cut in until next year and then he will have already completed his Leafs contract, otherwise he might have been unemployed soon and handed his walking papers early. ;)

Tim Connolly put up 36 points in 70 games last season and so in 1/2 a year he might be good for 20ish.

He's lucky that he won't get paid over $3m to do nothing, and can sign with another team instead? Getting bought out is the best thing that can happen to a player who is still able to acquire a new contract.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
xglyi.gif

This literally made me laugh out loud. Well played sir

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
This guy could do a lot for the team if he could fill the #1 center spot even just semi-competently. He still wouldn't be the number #1 center we need, but at least it would make the other centers fall into appropriate roles(Grabo at #2, Bozak at #3, McClement at #4).

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hopefully if he produces semi-well we can sell high(ish) on him at the deadline. But I'm more or less expecting sub-par play followed by him going to FA on July 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad