Speculation: Preemptive Injury Report> Tim Connolly

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I was thinking that this could be the first time Connolly would play a full season.

He's had some bad luck, but he needs to become less of a bandaid.

I think he plays 37 games, with some due to injury and the others as a healthy scratch.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Who does he think he is? Carlo coliacovo

xglyi.gif

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
This guy could be in a winner takes all game 7 death match and he would be playing at a sunday pick up effort level yet somehow be completely drenched in sweat. Nice guy though:)

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Carlyle liked using him in more of a defensive role it seems.

It all depends where he is put, but I wouldn't expect too many points out of him, and you can't count on his health either. Total wildcard.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think Timmy needs some real motivation at this point in his career to produce. A contract year has the potential to bring him up to the level where he could be a decent stop gap first line centre.

Remember last season Timmy had a really good first 25 games or so, then he decided to disappear for the rest of the season for whatever reason. He can be a legit top six centre when he wants to, I think he just forgets how sometimes.

I'm calling 40 points. 9 goals, 31 assists. Then he gets some other bonehead GM to hand him an unwarranted contract this summer.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
All I can say is the more games Connolly can stay healthy and not get injured should be a major improvement. I don't want to guess how many goals he could get until we see him play injury free, assuming that can happen.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He looked good under Randy Carlyle in a checking role.

He is the Leafs 3rd highest paid forward and 4th highest paid player overall on the team. At $4.75 mil and injury prone that doesn't look good as a utility forward and depth player.

Timmy is lucky for his sake that amnesty buyouts don't cut in until next year and then he will have already completed his Leafs contract, otherwise he might have been unemployed soon and handed his walking papers early. ;)

Tim Connolly put up 36 points in 70 games last season and so in 1/2 a year he might be good for 20ish.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I think Timmy needs some real motivation at this point in his career to produce. A contract year has the potential to bring him up to the level where he could be a decent stop gap first line centre.

Remember last season Timmy had a really good first 25 games or so, then he decided to disappear for the rest of the season for whatever reason. He can be a legit top six centre when he wants to, I think he just forgets how sometimes.

I'm calling 40 points. 9 goals, 31 assists. Then he gets some other bonehead GM to hand him an unwarranted contract this summer.

Good point, I could see him having an up year cuz if he has another down year I don't think he'll get an NHL contract for next season.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I hope so. Up his value prior to the trade-deadline... IMO he's clearly not part of the long-term core. Best case scenario is he plays super hot, and we can get a good piece or two for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad