GDT: Preds vs Tuxedo Birds 3/15/22 | 7PM| Five Years Later The Grapes Are Still Sour Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not one second [/eyeroll]

If it were solely the leading point scorer from the blueline then Karlsson would have one three in four years.
Well ok, you got me. In 2011-12 Karlsson played a whole 48 minutes on the PK in 80 games.

For comparison Weber played 1,495 minutes on the PK that season in 78 games.

So my point stands.

(Source:naturalstattrick)

Reactions: weeze

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Well ok, you got me. In 2011-12 Karlsson played a whole 48 minutes on the PK in 80 games.

For comparison Weber played 1,495 minutes on the PK that season in 78 games.

So my point stands.

(Source:naturalstattrick)
Back to the comparison this year ... Makar has the better points per 60 at ES, is on the ice for fewer goals allowed in all areas individually, has the better ES goal differential ... something about better all around as mentioned in what the Norris is about.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The Norris is as much a popularity contest as a skill/stat contest (like many other awards)... Which means Makar also has an edge there since the Avs are a more visible storyline nationally.

I think Josi has a solid case for it, especially when looking at how he impacts the Preds success vs how Makar impacts the Avs success. And most seasons Josi would have this race locked up right now, but Makar has just been better to this point of the campaign.

20+ to go though, if Josi continues this recent pace and creates some scoring separation down the stretch then it could be interesting.

Reactions: bdub24

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If best all around defensemen is going to be the standard then Makar isn't even the best on his own team. Toews would be.

One could argue Ekholm is a better defender than Josi and the defensive metrics do trend in Ekky's favor. Josi is an outstanding offensive talent on the blueline. His decision making and what that means in the defensive zone are routinely called out on these very boards.

If it's coming down to high scoring defenders then the one thing Josi has going for him is currently higher offensive numbers ... barely ... 1.19 vs 1.16 pts per game with Josi having one more game played than Makar. When it comes to goals allowed while on the ice, that goes to Makar ... goal differential at ES to Makar ... goals scored to Makar ... assists to Josi ... ES points Makar ... PP points Josi ... times penalized Josi 18, Makar 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad