GDT: Preds vs Hawks 4/16 11:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The president’s trophy team was elite- I don’t know how anyone can argue that

And everyone talks about the playoff run as if we got swept in first round. We lost in 2nd round in a 7 game series against a 114 point team- the 2nd best team in the league

arguing that the Preds had one great/‘elite’ season and then using that as a basis for firing Hynes is the real issue here. Bickering over definition of elite is a red herring.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The team is overachieving vs. my expectations for this season, so I'm good with what every player, coach, and GM are doing, net.

I would say my "hopes" got raised a little when we were looking indomitable in December-January timeframe, but while that was fun while it lasted and those "hopes" have settled lately, it still doesn't change that the season is going to represent a step forward and a nice job done by everybody, pretty much no matter what happens the rest of the way. Make or miss the playoffs, show well or don't in the playoffs, I can't see either extreme changing my overall impression. :dunno:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The team is overachieving vs. my expectations for this season, so I'm good with what every player, coach, and GM are doing, net.

I would say my "hopes" got raised a little when we were looking indomitable in December-January timeframe, but while that was fun while it lasted and those "hopes" have settled lately, it still doesn't change that the season is going to represent a step forward and a nice job done by everybody, pretty much no matter what happens the rest of the way. Make or miss the playoffs, show well or don't in the playoffs, I can't see either extreme changing my overall impression. :dunno:

Our "media" did the fans little favors when they hyped the point total when we had so many more games played than our competition. We have a few players putting up individual career years, as a team we have an above average number of 20+ goal scorers (league averages about 4 per team per season .. we sit at five right now with Trenin in the realm of possible to reach 20), but as a team we've hovered around 4th in the division, 6th in the conference when sorted by points percentage. We've shown the ability to get hot and go on a run ... just not in the past few weeks.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
arguing that the Preds had one great/‘elite’ season and then using that as a basis for firing Hynes is the real issue here. Bickering over definition of elite is a red herring.
The Preds are setting team and personal records this season.

Josi with 20 goals and 88 points. His highest totals were 16 and 65. He also has 68 A versus 49 previously.

Duchene with 39 goals and 75 points. Highest totals are 30 G and 70 points.

Forsberg with 38 goals and 72 points. Highest totals are 33 G and 64 points.

Saros with 37 wins. His previous high was 21.

If the Preds can't make the playoffs with that kind of offensive output and goaltending, maybe Hynes deserves to go?

I vote for Hinote as a possible replacement. He seems to have fire and intelligence.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
No chance Hynes goes. Even if we miss the playoffs this team has exceeded expectations and he got 95 and 92 playing up to their contracts.

(And if he did go Taylor should get it over one of the assistants here who would have been felt to have "failed")

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The Preds are setting team and personal records this season.

Josi with 20 goals and 88 points. His highest totals were 16 and 65. He also has 68 A versus 49 previously.

Duchene with 39 goals and 75 points. Highest totals are 30 G and 70 points.

Forsberg with 38 goals and 72 points. Highest totals are 33 G and 64 points.

Saros with 37 wins. His previous high was 21.

If the Preds can't make the playoffs with that kind of offensive output and goaltending, maybe Hynes deserves to go?

I vote for Hinote as a possible replacement. He seems to have fire and intelligence.

If individual scoring were an indicator of regular season and playoff success then the Caps would have more than one Cup while the Oilers and Leafs would also be multiple time champs over the past few years. Saros has a large number of wins out of the highest number of starts in the league ... a good but not superb win percentage.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Back to scoreboard watching. #3 in the division is now a longshot but not ruled out. A regulation win in the Wild / Blues game keeps it a slim possibility. An Oilers win against Vegas helps ... and Sharks v Stars (go fishies).

Worst case we head into tomorrow still in WC1 .. best case we go in with a slight lead in the wild card fight and with a chance to pull within 5pts for the #3 in the division tomorrow evening.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If individual scoring were an indicator of regular season and playoff success then the Caps would have more than one Cup while the Oilers and Leafs would also be multiple time champs over the past few years. Saros has a large number of wins out of the highest number of starts in the league ... a good but not superb win percentage.
Low scoring won't get you either one.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Low scoring won't get you either one.
The Devils of old disagree .. winning a Cup after scoring just 216 goals in the regular season. Then there are the 2018-19 Bolts with over 300 goals and a first round exit. That's at the team level. At the individual level, when was the last time a team had a 50 goal scorer and a championship?

The correlation just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad