GDT: Preds vs Hawks 4/16 11:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He stumbled on his own, looked like maybe a slight hook as he was falling, but didn’t seem like much to me.
If the puck ends up in the net behind Saros, does that change your opinion of the non-call shortly after the iffy too many men call? The refs are managing this game.

Maybe the refs should have called Kane for dumping Trenin at the end of the period?

I hope for one more Nashville goal, so Trenin can pull a Chara fight on Kane. There is NO justice in this game!

Reactions: Legionnaire11

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Hard disagree. If linesmen are going to miss calls that obvious, the challenge is a good thing.

Also, if we want to avoid having goals disallowed, maybe we should try staying onside.
Hockey survived for 100 years without it

There will be calls missed both ways and they even out

Most of them are not obvious- examining microscopic offsides is not the spirit of the rule

Every time a goal is scored there is a part of me afraid to celebrate until sure there is no chance of a callback

It’s not going away though so I know I’m in the minority- I’m just saying I’d be perfectly ok without it

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
An 8th seed in the West that had a good run and followed by a great regular season and poor post season is a stretch for "elite".
The president’s trophy team was elite- I don’t know how anyone can argue that

And everyone talks about the playoff run as if we got swept in first round. We lost in 2nd round in a 7 game series against a 114 point team- the 2nd best team in the league

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Hockey survived for 100 years without it

There will be calls missed both ways and they even out

Most of them are not obvious- examining microscopic offsides is not the spirit of the rule

Every time a goal is scored there is a part of me afraid to celebrate until sure there is no chance of a callback

It’s not going away though so I know I’m in the minority- I’m just saying I’d be perfectly ok without it
This (and a lot of the others I regularly see) was not "microscopic," it was evident in real-time as the play unfolded. The technology to enable these calls to be quickly and accurately reviewed is pretty recent, so the length of time the sport has been played without is fairly irrelevant.

And celebrating is good for you, whether the goal gets called back or not. ;)

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad