GDT: Preds vs Hawks 4/16 11:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Back to scoreboard watching. #3 in the division is now a longshot but not ruled out. A regulation win in the Wild / Blues game keeps it a slim possibility. An Oilers win against Vegas helps ... and Sharks v Stars (go fishies).

Worst case we head into tomorrow still in WC1 .. best case we go in with a slight lead in the wild card fight and with a chance to pull within 5pts for the #3 in the division tomorrow evening.
You can always hope for some help.

Winning games is the sure way forward.

Beating the Blues, on the scoreboard and physically in the game, would bring me some Easter joy!

The Blues are the Roman overseers on Easter Day. Rudely kick them out of Nashville!!!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Preds are setting team and personal records this season.

Josi with 20 goals and 88 points. His highest totals were 16 and 65. He also has 68 A versus 49 previously.

Duchene with 39 goals and 75 points. Highest totals are 30 G and 70 points.

Forsberg with 38 goals and 72 points. Highest totals are 33 G and 64 points.

Saros with 37 wins. His previous high was 21.

If the Preds can't make the playoffs with that kind of offensive output and goaltending, maybe Hynes deserves to go?

I vote for Hinote as a possible replacement. He seems to have fire and intelligence.

This is a very different argument than stating Hynes should go because the Preds are no longer an elite team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This is a very different argument than stating Hynes should go because the Preds are no longer an elite team.
It just makes me think that Hynes is doing something wrong if this team is hanging onto a WC spot with their fingernails. If should be easier with all of that scoring piling up.

Maybe the defense needs more fixing?

I have been skeptical of the Dmen #5 - 7 since 2014 or so. Del Zotto, Klein and their successors.
I wish they could have kept Seth Jones, and maybe Sam Girard (he stayed out of the penalty box).

I am sure that you can make a case for special teams needing improvement.

Why can't the Preds hit an empty net?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The Preds are setting team and personal records this season.

Josi with 20 goals and 88 points. His highest totals were 16 and 65. He also has 68 A versus 49 previously.

Duchene with 39 goals and 75 points. Highest totals are 30 G and 70 points.

Forsberg with 38 goals and 72 points. Highest totals are 33 G and 64 points.

Saros with 37 wins. His previous high was 21.

If the Preds can't make the playoffs with that kind of offensive output and goaltending, maybe Hynes deserves to go?

I vote for Hinote as a possible replacement. He seems to have fire and intelligence.
Maybe there is more to team success than individual production/achievement? As impressive as Josi and Forsberg's production have been, we lost points 2-3 games in a row (was around the last Washington game) because of stickhandling turnovers at the opposing blueline or being way too aggressively pinched, etc... Edmonton has the two most impressive offensive producers in the league, and they barely scrape into the playoffs yearly, regardless of who has been the coach.

This Preds team wins games when they stay within the system (and themselves) and play structured with controlled aggression. When everybody starts feeling a bit confident and free forms it and thinks we can play firewagon hockey, we get into trouble.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
@Viqsi see if you can get your boys to help out your other team tonight. A loss in regulation by LA would make their max 98 points

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Maybe there is more to team success than individual production/achievement? As impressive as Josi and Forsberg's production have been, we lost points 2-3 games in a row (was around the last Washington game) because of stickhandling turnovers at the opposing blueline or being way too aggressively pinched, etc... Edmonton has the two most impressive offensive producers in the league, and they barely scrape into the playoffs yearly, regardless of who has been the coach.

This Preds team wins games when they stay within the system (and themselves) and play structured with controlled aggression. When everybody starts feeling a bit confident and free forms it and thinks we can play firewagon hockey, we get into trouble.
Exactly, points mean little if you are scoring 4 but your play is leading to 5.

Also we are pointing to individual totals, but that is essentially one line, another forward or two and Josi. That leaves a whole lot of guys who aren't producing that need to be for us to be a good team.

People seem to forget that Hynes is here because it was no longer an elite team and Lavi got fired, otherwise Hynes wouldn't be here in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad