GDT: Preds vs Ducks: Ducks can't fly during a full moon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I hate Anaheim, if they are the reason Joey is hurt again :hit:

Still haven't figured out what the Anaheim player was so ticked at Fiala for, if you can't hold onto your stick it ain't his fault :laugh:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
he slammed his helmet going to locker room. i take that as a bad sign. as a professional athlete, Joey probably knows something isn't right and is frustrated cause he is just now getting back to where he was before his last injury. let's hope it's minor.

The "good" explanation for Joey being so mad is that a spotter flagged him for a possible concussion and he was forced to go out of the game and he was mad because he felt he wasn't concussed (which will only be good if he really wasn't concussed)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The "good" explanation for Joey being so mad is that a spotter flagged him for a possible concussion and he was forced to go out of the game and he was mad because he felt he wasn't concussed (which will only be good if he really wasn't concussed)
very good point. i like this much better.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
But if he wasn't concussed, he should have returned to the game at some point. So he either has a concussion or some other injury.

All I can say is, even if Joey only missed a couple of games, this makes the Turris trade huge now.

I'd keep the Turris line together too, and slide Sissons up with Forsberg and Arvy.

Fiala - Turris - Smith
Forsberg - Sissons - Arvidsson
Watson - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Aberg - Gaudreau - Salomaki

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I know the jersey belongs to the team technically but if I was a player I would never part with the OT game winner Jersey. If I was Smithson I’d want to be buried in that since it was the highlight of his career.

If he were to ever want it I'm sure we could come to a reasonable arrangement. With the number of YEARS it sat in the inventory of the vendor that sells gamers and its price below that of a customized replica in the pro shop it isn't as though he didn't have the opportunity to get it.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nice to see us get the win, there were times late in the second and most of the third that I felt we did not deserve to win, but we pulled it off. Thank god for the PP. Hope Johansen's alright.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Personally, I want to see Bonino with better linemates. He's deserved it.

I'd definitely be okay with Bonino going up, he's the logical first choice. But I think he and Jarnkrok have worked well together on the third line and I'd be concerned about killing the effectiveness of that line because Bonino's work around and behind the net is something that really makes it go. Whereas I think Forsberg and Arvidsson would still be able to drive a line with Sissons in the middle.

But I wouldn't object to Bonino between them either. I'd just hate to see the Turris line broken up.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That moron Ritchie has got to catch a couple of games off for that intent to injure attack after the Fiala goal right? He could've broken the kids neck for f***s sakes

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
They got a PP out of this one. Perry going for the puck there.

cut.jpg

I missed it during the game. Only saw PK's reaction.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The sad part is that the quacks have some talent. Why they have to resort to goon tactics has always mystified me.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Man some people on the Ducks board are just salty. They are convinced that the game was lost due to a dive.

Screw em. They whined all through the playoff series last year. They are cheap ass thugs and I hope they miss the playoffs so we don't have to put up with that crap again.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Screw em. They whined all through the playoff series last year. They are cheap ass thugs and I hope they miss the playoffs so we don't have to put up with that crap again.

I tried being nice and reasoning with them but what can you do? Boards I shouldn’t visit include but are not limited to: Blackhawks and Ducks. Lol. I just hate when people talk so much shit about us. Acting like we don’t know hockey and stuff. They’re mad because I won’t say that Forsberg dove, when in reality he just sold a hit. To me there’s a difference but I’m open to scrutiny here.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Well, their team is named after a Disney movie in which the lines "Take the dive, act hurt, be indignant" are chanted, so they probably shouldn't be so quick to mount the high horse. :naughty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad