GDT: Preds vs Ducks: Ducks can't fly during a full moon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Fiala and Turris with goals in the shootout and Rinne stops them and we win in the shootout.

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
250px-Animated_gun_turret.gif

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i hate to give the ducks a point but at least we got 2. dont care how pretty or ugly, we won. fiala and turris with the SO goals. now to Boston at home on Monday. hopefully we can get 2 points before going on the road again.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Given how we played and were down in the 3rd I am happy with getting the 2 pts. Now we have to see how injured Johansen is.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Great win!!! Hard fought and way to come back in the 3rd. Miller keep it from being a 5-2. Great game preds!! 1 point out of 1st in the central.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

anyway, so glad we won. If I had to choose, I'd much rather win this one than the Vancouver game.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
For what it's worth he also said that there didn't seem to be anything noticeably wrong with him
he slammed his helmet going to locker room. i take that as a bad sign. as a professional athlete, Joey probably knows something isn't right and is frustrated cause he is just now getting back to where he was before his last injury. let's hope it's minor.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
here is the ducks fan whining about dirty play lmao. someone beer me quick!

Just to be clear NoNecks doesn’t need a beer while posting on this site. History has shown this...:sarcasm:

And wow, can’t believe the Ducks stood as much of a chance as they did. They are down a few VERY integral payers for them, and I’d hate to see what would’ve been had they been in. But hey, I’ll take the **** out of these points though.:thumbu:

I hate their team. ******* goons. As for that dude sticking up for Ritchie... LOOOOOOL. Dude is making a career out of being dirty. He’s lucky he wasn’t thrown out for tackling Kev and trying to put his head in the ice.
To be fair though, we really need to not let this team get in our heads they way they do or they will trump us at some point i.e. us against Chicago and Detroit.

Some takeaways... really can’t wait for Ellis to get back and push Emelin down to the third pair, his breakout passes are not great.. Johansen’s injury was apparently a minor one, but no injury should be taken lightly. Luckily... we’ve got depth for the time being. Big game for 22, also liked the change up in S/O moves for him. Turris continuing to impress with his speed and IQ. We needed some East coast style ‘round these parts.
Forsberg has got to be nearing a franchise record for point streak. Might be wrong, but I can’t remember the last time he didn’t have a point in a game.
All in all, just glad we beat them. Let’s go Preds! Get revenge from those Bruins!

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
How I deal with OT against the Ducks. The OT Smithers and the Irwin Conference championship sweater.

DQGB-22U8AAzkk2.jpg
I know the jersey belongs to the team technically but if I was a player I would never part with the OT game winner Jersey. If I was Smithson I’d want to be buried in that since it was the highlight of his career.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
f*** yes, Preds! :yo:

It was loud in there tonight! Almost sounded like the playoffs.

Man, I forgot just how much I hate those dirty jagoff ducks.

Perry crosschecks Pekka in the head (which lead to PK's penalty).

Perry jumped Ekholm in that scrum. Like, literally jumped over the group to grab Ekholm.

Ritchie jumps Fiala after he scored. I don't care what Fiala did, complain to the ref. It's bush league to jump/attack him like that.

After a little scrum, players turn to go to their benches and Ritchie punches a predator player in the back.

But you know, we're so dirty and they're savvy veterans.

Reactions: adsfan and PredsV82

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I really hope Joey isn't hurt too bad. He finally seemed like he was getting his game going. I think he was really looking forward to this game because he really looked like he was flying out there tonight. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad