Preds Orientation (for Habs fans)

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Another quick thing you might see in the GDT's:

"Hit somebody! Hit anybody! Hit EVERYBODY!" is a Section 303 chant. Sometimes we use it in meme fashion (see the trade thread for an example).

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hey everyone! Figured this would be a good spot for my first post, I just joined but i have been a long time pred fan (bought my first pred hat in 2005). I have been going to every predator game here in Calgary since I moved in 2012. I hope to be a regular poster on here.

You guys all seem like a good bunch of fans!

Welcome P.K fans and GO PREDS!

nice to have you sask!

jwhouk

Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
So, you ask, what's this about me being the stathead around here?

Well, lemme show ya some stuff:
  • The Predators have faced Les Habitants 20 times since 1998; in that time they are 9-5-6 (1 tie, 4 OTL, 1 SOL).
  • In the extra session, Nashville is 1-4-4 in overtime, and 2-1 in the shootout.
  • Nashville is a +7 against Montreal, with 57 goals scored and 48 allowed on 661 shots and 558 allowed.
  • Preds are 16-of-68 on the power play, while the Canadiens are 14-65 on their PP against Nashville.
  • Penalties: 187 for Nashville, 220 for Montreal.
  • Nashville has scored four shorties against the Habs; Montreal has yet to score one against the Preds.
  • Both the Preds and Habs have had 10 shootout attempts each in those 3 shootouts, with Nashville having a 4-3 shootout goal edge.
  • After 20 minutes, Nashville has led 8 times, Montreal 8, and the other four were ties.
  • After 40 minutes, Nashville still led eight times, but the Habs had 7 leads, with five ties.
  • In terms of per-game attendance, the Preds/Habs games have averaged 18,329 per game - second only to Preds/Wings in per-game attendance.
  • At the Bridge, Montreal is the eighth-highest draw at 16,128 per game.
  • Andrew Brunette was the first Predator player to score a goal against the Habs, on 12 December 1998 at the then GEC. At 9:25 of the second, he registered a power-play tally on Jeff Hackett, assisted by Cliff Ronning and Drake Berehowsky. The goal tied the game at 1-1, en route to a 2-2 tie.
  • The Preds player with the most goals scored against the Habs is... Shea Weber. He has scored five times against Montreal:
    1. 22 Feb 2007, against Halak (6-5 SOL)
    2. 12 Nov 2011, against Budaj (2-1 OTL; his 90th in the NHL)
    3. 19 Oct 2013, against Price (2-1 Win)
    4. 21 Dec 2013, against Price (4-3 OTL)
    5. 21 Dec 2015, against Tokarski (5-1 Win)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Checked the online Preds store, these are not on their site. Only available in person at the store or can they be ordered online?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Checked the online Preds store, these are not on their site. Only available in person at the store or can they be ordered online?

Well I work like 4 blocks away so I'm gonna be going down there......possibly tomorrow.

And if you call them they may ship

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

I have never understood why the online store doesn't have the same items as the arena store- makes no sense. Online store selection is always lacking.......

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Want a PK t-shirt when we can order online! Looking forward to an exciting season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I have never understood why the online store doesn't have the same items as the arena store- makes no sense. Online store selection is always lacking.......

Online store = NHL.com
ProShop = Team owned store

Want a PK t-shirt when we can order online! Looking forward to an exciting season.

I'd call the Pro-shop and see if they can ship it to you from there.

For more information, call the pro shop at (615) 770-2402 or on Twitter @PredsProShop.

jwhouk

Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
One more piece of info:

You may see some of us older posters refer to a "Cold Chickory." This is a remnant of the old Predators message boards of a gentleman who was very, VERY ornery about the Preds, to the point of out and out pessimism. There are times when someone posts something incredibly outlandish against the team on here, the words "ColdChickory" are thrown around. It's not confirmed that he ever did post over here, but we have suspicions.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
One more piece of info:

You may see some of us older posters refer to a "Cold Chickory." This is a remnant of the old Predators message boards of a gentleman who was very, VERY ornery about the Preds, to the point of out and out pessimism. There are times when someone posts something incredibly outlandish against the team on here, the words "ColdChickory" are thrown around. It's not confirmed that he ever did post over here, but we have suspicions.
Wow, going old school with that one...I had quite forgotten about him...good times.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
You're only truly old school if you knew Swampy.

(and yes, at one point I was the keeper of the Troll Gun)

jwhouk

Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Well, it's only fitting.

Good thing we don't need it here, since Viqsui and company moderate so well.

Farmington Hills... I think that's one for Trigg to discuss, since (I believe) he was in the middle of it all.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Swampy was a good dude.

Farmington was from the other boards. We had that poor girl caughtcaught in so many lies
Swampy was a comedian without trying he would say things to me without intent and I would be rolling in the slide. I sat with him a few times. Miss that dude. FYI I was once known as "Maconcopred"

jwhouk

Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Swamprat, for those just joining us, was a hockey-loving redneck who was famed for his goal-light helmet that he set off after Preds goals. He and Gnashlady were a wonderful pair, and are missed daily - even by our mascot (to whom they were both close).

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was gonna walk down to the Arena and grab my Subban shirt but my boss is taking a half day so I don't have time. DAMMIT!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Swamprat, for those just joining us, was a hockey-loving redneck who was famed for his goal-light helmet that he set off after Preds goals. He and Gnashlady were a wonderful pair, and are missed daily - even by our mascot (to whom they were both close).
I remember seeing him around the Arena in the early days. I was only 13 when the team started so I wasn't on message boards until 07 or so when I got older and certainly never met him in person because I was basically a kid but the goal-light helmet was one of the first things that ever stuck out to me as a kid going to games.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Swampy was great! He loved his wife, his dogs, hockey, and the Iditarod. He told me one time he and his many dogs would sit together in the living room and watch the Iditarod. He may have been pulling my leg but I really couldn't doubt that he would do so. He lived way out in the country (very near my in laws, as a matter of fact) and his tales of how he used aluminum foil for TV and radio reception were epic. I met up with him and JW one time--I want to say it was during the 2003 draft, but not sure that was the event.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Correction, I actually did go down to the Pro Shop this afternoon and get my PK shirt. It's glorious.

There was also a lady just standing around in front of the arena with her friend and she was wearing a dress.....with a Subban jersey over it.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Correction, I actually did go down to the Pro Shop this afternoon and get my PK shirt. It's glorious.

There was also a lady just standing around in front of the arena with her friend and she was wearing a dress.....with a Subban jersey over it

Nice. IMO PK will spark the city of Nashville, Preds will trend big time. :handclap:

Happy to be here because Habs woes had me sour...

and frankly Ribs > DD :laugh:

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
I was on the DTW to BNA flight two days ago and saw a guy wearing a new Weber habs shirt and his carry on was a bag from the Canadians pro shop of what I assume is more Weber gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: