GDT: Preds @ Avs 4/28 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Kind of crazy Josi still has a chance to hit 100 points this season. He’s had 7 points in two games already this season and 6 points in 2 games four other times so definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Josi currently leads Makar by 8 points, managed to reach 90+, and the Preds reached the playoffs. Barring a dramatic shift in points, the current gap is likely sufficient to get another trophy for #59.

I saw a poll somewhere yesterday, it may have been hockey writers- and Josi was in first place by a pretty good margin. I was a little surprised

I think he is going to win it.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I saw a poll somewhere yesterday, it may have been hockey writers- and Josi was in first place by a pretty good margin. I was a little surprised

I think he is going to win it.

Since the ASG we've seen Josi get the points lead over Makar by 5+ (currently at 8) for the past few weeks, break the 90 point plateau, and the Preds get into the post season. Those shift votes from a couple of months ago when Makar and Josi were neck and neck in points and Makar was the presumptive favorite.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I wouldn't be surprised if it's an extremely close race and with Makar winning it this year. If Josi can pull away some more and get near 100 he's got a case definitely and should win it. However, the national writers WANT Cale Makar to win this year...he will have to find votes by doing something flashy near the end here IMO.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
However, the national writers WANT Cale Makar to win this year...he will have to find votes by doing something flashy near the end here IMO.
That’s what I thought too but as mentioned above I’ve seen a couple of writer poll articles and Josi led in both of them

So will be interesting to see what happens

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if it's an extremely close race and with Makar winning it this year. If Josi can pull away some more and get near 100 he's got a case definitely and should win it. However, the national writers WANT Cale Makar to win this year...he will have to find votes by doing something flashy near the end here IMO.
Makar had the case in his favor earlier. With Josi moving so far ahead in points the case shifts in his favor now.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Outsider lurking here…

With Saros out there was an interesting take by Marty Biron (was listening to the NHL Network on Sirius XM radio)…Long story short he’d seriously consider starting Connor Ingram over David Rittich.
That's a pretty easy decision as far as the fans are concerned. We'll see what the coach thinks tonight.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Outsider lurking here…

With Saros out there was an interesting take by Marty Biron (was listening to the NHL Network on Sirius XM radio)…Long story short he’d seriously consider starting Connor Ingram over David Rittich.
I think we all believe Ingram is a better goalie than Rittich.

That said, I'm not 100% sure I'd "throw him to the wolves" tonight in a game against Colorado when we've already clinched a playoff spot. :dunno:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I think we all believe Ingram is a better goalie than Rittich.

That said, I'm not 100% sure I'd "throw him to the wolves" tonight in a game against Colorado when we've already clinched a playoff spot. :dunno:

That's exactly the reason I would. Find out what he has against our probable first round opponent. He does well, it puts a pause on Colorado's thought of an easy series.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That's exactly the reason I would. Find out what he has against our probable first round opponent. He does well, it puts a pause on Colorado's thought of an easy series.
I guess I've watched our team half-ass themselves through the last month of "games that mattered" to the extent that I'm worried about doing that to Ingram in a game that "doesn't matter".

If Saros isn't good to go, I still start Ingram in Round 1, no matter what. Like, that's 100% carved in stone for me already. Nothing he would do tonight would change that for me. So why risk having the Avs tear him to shreds in advance of doing that? That wouldn't help matters at all.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I guess I've watched our team half-ass themselves through the last month of "games that mattered" to the extent that I'm worried about doing that to Ingram in a game that "doesn't matter".

If Saros isn't good to go, I still start Ingram in Round 1, no matter what. Like, that's 100% carved in stone for me already. Nothing he would do tonight would change that for me. So why risk having the Avs tear him to shreds in advance of doing that? That wouldn't help matters at all.
Usually teams “play up” for AHL/Emergency goalie callups. Either way he has to play at least one of these games.

Reactions: adsfan

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
April goaltending by game. Other than the shutout by Saros against the Sharks .... painful.

1651189117935.png

• Wow
Reactions: weeze and SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad