Prediction: Kane will score 100 points either this year or next

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
5pts in 3 games without Pirri in the lineup.
12pts in 8 games since Handzus came back to the lineup.

So maybe your theory isn't accurate at all?

(Not saying Handzus is the reason Kane is playing well)

Are you counting the games Zus was scratched for illness? Not that 9 points in 6 games is too shabby mind you, but just checking.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Count how many of those are on the PP as well.

Last night - 2 points on PP. One assist on Zus goal.
Anaheim - 1 point on Ben smith ES goal (Versteeg also on this line so no Zus).
Phx - PP goal. Kane and Zus assisted on Hammer ES goal.
Dallas - ES goal. Don't know whether Zus on ice as Keith got only assist.
Calgary - 2 Es goals. Zus not credited with an assist so don't know if on ice.
EDM - PP goal.

So that's 9 points. 4 points on PP. 2 shared point plays with Zus.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Kane is one man line, though Versteeg and him have similar styles and Steeger can really dish the puck well to him and they are having some chemistry, that line needs a guy like Smith to go in the corners and play behind the net. Zeus is doing alright and he is good defensively but he is just a bottle neck in the O zone.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Are you counting the games Zus was scratched for illness? Not that 9 points in 6 games is too shabby mind you, but just checking.
Ya I did, still didn't change much as you have pointed out.

Count how many of those are on the PP as well.

They weren't counting what points were on the PP when we were talking about him playing with Pirri.

And again, this has nothing to do with Handzus, just pointing out that Kane hasn't missed a beat regardless of who his C is.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Kane is one man line, though Versteeg and him have similar styles and Steeger can really dish the puck well to him and they are having some chemistry, that line needs a guy like Smith to go in the corners and play behind the net. Zeus is doing alright and he is good defensively but he is just a bottle neck in the O zone.

I don't really understand why Versteeg is on the second line anyway. What happened with Saad? I thought they looked good together.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Kane won't score 100 pts playing on a team like the Hawks in the west. We don't even need him too.

He scores as much with Pirri as he does with Zeus as he does with Toews...

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
With tonight's performance taking things to 40 points in 33 games, Kane is now on pace for 99.39 points in 82 games.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Patrick Kane is "only" on pace for 96 points after maintaining a 100 point pace for a couple of weeks. Anyone think he breaks 100?

Disclaimer: I know the Hawks don't need him to score 100 points to be successful.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Kane is looking lethal this year. Definitely think he's gonna get 100pts.
It's sad to see him do so poorly in the shootout, but everyone has slumps.

That stickhandling video he did is hard - I just found a funny video of a hot girl try it lol can't believe this hasn't gone viral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0seylx8uOeM

Lately Kane's been a bit of a victim of his own success. Although his lack of point production lately isn't solely on him, a little bit of it is. He has the tendency to fall in love with his stickhandling, and often overdoes it, passing up good shots in the process. There are times the stickhandling leads to amazing plays, but there are times Kane needs to simply his game and get shots on net and not go for the highlight real play. A couple of games ago he passed up 2-3 primo shots in favor of the dipsy doodle.

Right now I think he needs to simplify his game and take the shots when the lane opens up. He also needs to quit passing up forehand shots in favor of the backhand. Yes, his backhand is better than 95% of the players in the leauge, but it's still no where near as effective as his forehand shot. It's like he's purposely opting for the tougher, lower percentage shot a lot of the time.

BestHockeyVideos

On-Ice Datsyuk Twin
Apr 18, 2013
Vanouver, BC
Lately Kane's been a bit of a victim of his own success. Although his lack of point production lately isn't solely on him, a little bit of it is. He has the tendency to fall in love with his stickhandling, and often overdoes it, passing up good shots in the process. There are times the stickhandling leads to amazing plays, but there are times Kane needs to simply his game and get shots on net and not go for the highlight real play. A couple of games ago he passed up 2-3 primo shots in favor of the dipsy doodle.

Right now I think he needs to simplify his game and take the shots when the lane opens up. He also needs to quit passing up forehand shots in favor of the backhand. Yes, his backhand is better than 95% of the players in the leauge, but it's still no where near as effective as his forehand shot. It's like he's purposely opting for the tougher, lower percentage shot a lot of the time.

Man I agree with you there...he seriously needs do do 1 or 5 less moves. Thats why I always tell ppl hebhas the fastest hands but not the best....best means to stickhandle efficiently...which Datsyuk does quite well with terrific body posotion.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Man I agree with you there...he seriously needs do do 1 or 5 less moves. Thats why I always tell ppl hebhas the fastest hands but not the best....best means to stickhandle efficiently...which Datsyuk does quite well with terrific body posotion.

I'd agree with that. The key with stickhandling is to only do it as much as absolutely necessary. Anything more is overkill.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Is Kane hurt?

Thats my theory as to why he isn't producing as many points as I'd like him to. Probably minor injury seeing as he can still put up the shots. Luckily he broke the goal drought. So hopefully with that breakthrough he can prove me wrong about the injury theory.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Updating this thread with the expectation that the longest goal drought for Patrick Kane in 5 years ends tonight.

Current point pace: 56 points in 51 games projects to 90 points on the year.

member 151739

If Kane scores tonight, my next GDT will include a shout out to HGF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad