Prediction: Kane will score 100 points either this year or next

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Hawks haven't had a 100 point scorer since JR in 93-94. Reasons I think Kane will break 100 points in 13-14 or 14-15.

1) Entering his prime. He'll be 25 and 26 the next two seasons. He's gotten stronger each season and still quick as ever.
2) PREDICTION: Kane establishes himself as the clear-cut #1 RW over the next two seasons. Hoss is still a beast but will be 35 and 36 the next two seasons and health has been an issue for him. JT + PK = big points. (Q can obviously throw a big wrench into this prediction).
3) The powerplay will be better. Why? Because it has to. It can only go up from where it was at.
4) Confidence: 1.17 ppg last year (96 point pace). Conn Smythe. Second Stanley Cup. I mean the guy was rocking a perfectly feathered mullet on Letterman - CONFIDENCE.
5) Contract year approaching. Playing for the biggest contract of his career right now.

Honorable mention: Connor McDavid trade rumors. :sarcasm:

Injuries, Q, and weird Olympic schedule could derail this prediction next year. But I'm giving Kane two chances to beat 100 points. I think he will do it.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
If pirri or another guy steps into the second line c role and plays well, I think anything short of 85-90pts would be a disappointment barring injury.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Kane scored 55 points in 47 games which is a 1.17GPG and would be 96 points in 82 games. Of those 55 points, he scored 17 on the power play. The Hawks scored 25 goals in 150 PPs last season for a 16.7% conversion rate. Therefore Kane got a point in 17 of the 25 PP goals scored - 68% of the PP goals. If the Hawks would have had a 20% conversion rate instead of their 16.7%, they would have scored 5 more goals (30 instead of 25) and Kane most likely would have gotten a point in 68% of those 5 extra goals ( 5 x .68 = 3.4) let's round down and say 3 more points. That would put Kane at 99 points over 82 games with the team converting 20% of their power play attempts.

I'd say it's not only possible but maybe even rises to the level of likely that Kane will hit 100 points over the next couple years.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
It's certainly possible. Still think he would have won the Art Ross this season if he had been with Toews.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
With goal scoring down to 5.3 g/g, I'm not counting on 100pts. There haven't been multiple 100pt players since 2010.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I cant see Kane scoring 100 pts not that I dont want to or that he cant. At or around a ppg or 80-90 pts is fine by me.

Scorings down across the league, Hawks play defense and the teams loaded with scorers which means the scoring is distributed and in particular among the big 4 and the bottom 6. This team is not breaking the team record of 351 goals (349 GA) and I dont want to see the defense go to crap.

On a team where hes the primary or only scoring option where the team doesnt care about defense, then theres a very good chance for Kane to break 100pts but not with the Hawk team being a top contender.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
needs to stay healthy no doubt about it, which he has done very well so far.

would love to see it, but until the game opens back up, not sure we will./

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Honestly - I don't care how many points he scores. I say leave the Hart's for guys like Ovechkin. Leave the Maurice Richard for Stamkos. We'll take the Stanley cups here in Chicago!

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Honestly - I don't care how many points he scores. I say leave the Hart's for guys like Ovechkin. Leave the Maurice Richard for Stamkos. We'll take the Stanley cups here in Chicago!

Agreed and it shows through the players action. When Kane won the Conn you could tell all he cared about was throwing that trophy to a staff member so he could get his hands on that cup ASAP.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

It doesn't seem like there is a high chance of that pace continuing. I am probably wrong but that seems like a high percent for even the greatest players to have on the PP.

Yep - you're correct. I checked the three previous years and the next highest percentage he had was 52% when he got 29 power play points out of 52 power play goals scored in 2009/10.

Regarding other comments about the game being lower scoring - true, but the Central Division has some of the poorest defensive teams, based on last season. Only the Hawks and Blues were in the top half of the league.

SkateThroughIt

Oct 30, 2010
United States
I think this is definitely possible, if three things happen.

The division stays as weak as I think it will. All the teams have the possibility to be great, but most likely they will be mediocre. A lot of wildcards out there minus winnipeg unless I missed something.

The Blackhawks improve the power play. We consistently have one of the worst power plays in the league. I'm optimistic it will get better (can't get much worse), hopefully we figure something out.

The last is the whole team needs to stay relatively healthy. Obviously Kane needs to, but we can't really afford to lose anyone really important for two long. I think Kane will be #1 RW next to toews and sharp. I'm thinking Pirri steps up into #2 roll with Saad and Hossa. Bickell will be our wild card, he will probably start on the first line and if he continues how he played in the playoffs he will stay. If he falls back into the regular season play, I see him falling back to the third line.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I think this is definitely possible, if three things happen.

The division stays as weak as I think it will. All the teams have the possibility to be great, but most likely they will be mediocre. A lot of wildcards out there minus winnipeg unless I missed something.

The Blackhawks improve the power play. We consistently have one of the worst power plays in the league. I'm optimistic it will get better (can't get much worse), hopefully we figure something out.

The last is the whole team needs to stay relatively healthy. Obviously Kane needs to, but we can't really afford to lose anyone really important for two long. I think Kane will be #1 RW next to toews and sharp. I'm thinking Pirri steps up into #2 roll with Saad and Hossa. Bickell will be our wild card, he will probably start on the first line and if he continues how he played in the playoffs he will stay. If he falls back into the regular season play, I see him falling back to the third line.

this shouldn't be ignored...b/c of re-alignment. Firstly, not only do i think the division will 'stay weak'...i think it will actually be weaker. Detroit is off to fight it out in the eastern conference - and, i never thought i'd say this, but it's a good thing that Columbus has also moved along. Secondly, we're benefited by the fact that the 'tougher teams' (LA, SJ, Van, Anaheim) are in another division. Thirdly, the new schedule (b/c of realignment) benefits us b/c we'll spend, proportionately, the most time playing against teams that should be *easy enough* to beat.

All of which is to say, imo Kane will have plenty of opportunity to pump his numbers. Also, you've got to believe the Hawks will want to extend him and Toews next summer - so even though this isn't technically a 'contract year' for Kane ... his play this year will just help boost his contract. Don't get me wrong he's never struck me as the type who would try to put up numbers to get paid...but it certainly won't hurt him if he does.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago

Never understood why individual accomplishments and team success can't go hand in hand. Hawks brought home a Norris in 2010 and a Selke in 2013. Those were pretty good years for the team.

Is the Hart or Maurice Richard trophies cursed or something? If so I could care less. Winning the Cup "despite" the massive point streak (peaking too early) and the President's Trophy show how silly some superstitions are.

Kane is the offensive catalyst of the Hawks (96 point pace last year). When he scores 66 points he's trade bait for Ryan Miller though. God forbid he sets a goal for himself of hitting 100 points.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Word! :yo: :yo: :yo:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

The way that I look at it is thusly...

Winning the Cup's like finding a hundred dollars. Having a player on your team win a major award, like the Hart or Selke, etc. is like finding a buck. Hey cool, I found a dollar. Nice. But won't compare to finding a hundskie.

Now, if I found a hundred and a few dollars as well, now that'd just be swell.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I dot understand why some act like individual achievements and team achievements are mutually exclusive. It's okay to want Kane to score 100 points and the team to well; it's not one or the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad