Predict WJC Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
wilka91 said:
And where's Romanov? I thought he was 18?
Yes, He can play but we have enough good forwards with international experience and they are better than Romanov.

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I don't know all those players except the no. 1-2 picks, Lisin and Parshin!

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
wilka91 said:
I don't know all those players except the no. 1-2 picks, Lisin and Parshin!
I know about Radulov, Voloshenko, Yun'kov, Pestunov, A.Nikulin, Glazachev, Shafigulin, Khomutov. They are locked for WJC team, Imho. + AO, Malkin, Parshin and Lisin = 12 forwards.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Kaizer said:
I know about Radulov, Voloshenko, Yun'kov, Pestunov, A.Nikulin, Glazachev, Shafigulin, Khomutov. They are locked for WJC team, Imho. + AO, Malkin, Parshin and Lisin = 12 forwards.
That is, for my money, the best forward group in the tournament.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Canada shouldn't put Alex Picard and Sidney Crosby on the same line. It seems they don't like each other. Tuesday night they almost fought each other. Maybe they were just like that in the game. Maybe they are friends off ice. Also I am wandering for Slovkia if Jaroslav Halak, Michael Korenko, and Richard Stehlik are looking good to make the WJC roster.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Now that we known for a fact that Chupchura, Burns and Horton won't play in the WJC:

LW - C - RW
Bergeron Crosby Perry (The top 2 scorers in the CHL with an NHL winger)
Dawes Richards Stewart (Best line in tournament two years in a row?)
Stone Carter Fehr (Stone+Fehr=great...with Carter in the middle = :handclap: )
Ladd Getzlaf Bernier (Big tough line, opposing d-men's nightmare)
xtra: One of Dixon/Colliton/Picard?

Phaneuf -Weber
Barker - Seabrook
Coburn Green
xtra:Belle or Syvret?

Nastiuk
Dubnyk

Comments or criticism?

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
mazmin said:
Now that we known for a fact that Chupchura, Burns and Horton won't play in the WJC:

LW - C - RW

Phaneuf -Weber
Barker - Seabrook
Coburn Green

Nastiuk
Dubnyk

Comments or criticism?
First two line i'd be ok with but Picard and Crosby would kiss and make up no doubt,Getzlaf and Ladd should be with Carter and theres no way Bernier makes this team. This guy never impressed me, i'd pick Bolland or Brule before him.
Oh BTW the Russians are going to be deadly this year...

Lord

According to head-coach of Russian team Sergey Gersonsky line Voloshenko - Radulov - Yunkov, defender Megalinsky and both keepers (Khudobin and Kuznetsov) who played recently in Canada-Russia Challenge would be selected for participation in WJC. Also 1 or 2 more players from that squad could be added later to the final roster.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
jcpenny said:
...and theres no way Bernier makes this team. This guy never impressed me, i'd pick Bolland or Brule before him.

A lot of people are high on Bernier. He has proved he can score with his 100+ point season in the QMJHL and this year has drastically improved his defensive game. He would be one of the biggest bodies on the tournament and he likes to throw his weight around. To me he's the ideal 4th liner for this team.

I like Bolland for his versatility but, I think, Canada needs more bruisers in the lineup. I don't think Brule will make it but he could be an ideal 13th forward.

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
mazmin said:

LW - C - RW

Phaneuf -Weber
Barker - Seabrook
Coburn Green

Nastiuk
Dubnyk

Comments or criticism?

Last year was dawes stewart richards line was the best in the tourny.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
So it looks like the camp invite list has been formed and I got some new lines:

LW - C - RW
#1 Bergeron - Crosby - Perry
#2 Dawes - Richards - Stewart
#3 Stone - Carter - Fehr
#4 Ladd - Getzlaf - Colliton
xtra: Bolland (c/rw/lw) *1 of 2 FW eligible to return next year.

LD - RD
Phaneuf - Weber
Coburn - Green
Barker - Seabrook
xtra: Belle

G's
Nastiuk
Beauchemin

There are some big bodies at forward. The whole 4th line is big and tough. Fehr, Carter and Perry are big (though not extremely physical). Stewart is a beast. Skill forwards like Crosby, Dawes and Richards will score goals no matter what. Add the top scorer in the WHL (Stone) and a proven NHLer (Bergeron) and all of a sudden this team looks stacked.

The defense will be the biggest and most skilled in the WJC's. The powerplay is in good hands.

Goalies. It is my impression that they will have a lot of fun watching the play on the opposite end of the rink.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
The Canada roster has been set and Canadians are not happy about it (just go to prospects board). The team is still great but I'm not sure they are capable of winning this one. Not because they have a bad team or lack the talent (lot of first rounders) but because there are maybe some other, inner problems - first Horton issue, then Bernier and Brule not being invited, more or less weak goaltending, 70 percent of players from WHL... Those are things that are certainly not helping them and we know that situation has to be perfect in order to win the tournament. It's a similar situation to Russia's last year (Zherdev problems, Ishmatov-Semin fighting). Unlike last year, Russians don't have such problems again (so far) and are eager to bring the gold back. The whole team is GREAT, Khudobin is good and if he brings confidence to his team by playing good I don't think there is ayone who can stop them.
Anyway, Czechs have a good team and they promise a lot.
My prediction: 1.Russia 2.Canada 3.Czech rep.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
mazmin said:
A lot of people are high on Bernier. He has proved he can score with his 100+ point season in the QMJHL and this year has drastically improved his defensive game.
Problem is that he hasn't proven he can do both.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Finland announced it's squad:

http://www.jatkoaika.com/maajoukkue.php?sivu=uutiset&id=3846

Goalies:
Joonas Hallikainen, Jokerit (05.10.1985)
Tuukka Rask, Ilves (10.03.1987)

Defenders:
Anssi Tieranta, Ilves (07.08.1985)
Otto Honkaheimo, Lukko (03.08.1985)
Risto Korhonen, Kärpät (27.11.1986)
Ville Mäntymaa, Tappara (08.03.1985)
Mikko Kuukka, Red Deer (03.11.1985)
Juuso Hietanen, HPK (14.06.1985)
Teemu Laakso, HIFK (27.08.1987)

forwards:
Iivo Hokkanen, Jukurit (03.05.1985)
Petteri Nokelainen, SaiPa (16.01.1986)
Teemu Nurmi, Tappara (24.02.1985)
Filip Riska, JYP (13.03.1985)
Jesse Joensuu, Ässät (05.10.1987)
Arsi Piispanen, JYP (23.07.1985)
Aki Seitsonen, Prince Albert (05.02.1986)
Masi Marjamäki, Moose Jaw (16.01.1985)
Valtteri Tenkanen, JYP (27.03.1985)
Kim Nabb, Sport (30.04.1985)
Lauri Korpikoski, TPS (28.07.1986)
Lauri Tukonen, Blues (01.09.1986)
Jussi Makkonen, TPS (24.04.1985)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Finland announced it's squad:

Me like that squad very mucho actually. IMO, goaltending is very good with Rask, defense is average and the forward crop looks strong.
I am also glad that my personal favourite Kim Nabb made the team :)

Golbez

Slovakian WJC20 Roster Nominations

I'm a bit surprised not to see Marek Bartanus of Kosice nominated but we're going to see unproductive Vladimir Kutny instead. Otherwise, Slovakia has strong goaltending (Valent or Halak can do a great job) and a very well-rounded defense.

Goalies: Jaroslav Halák (Lewiston MAINEiacs), Marek Novotný (Dukla Trenčín), Michal Valent (HC Sparta Praha).

Players: Branislav Fábry (HC Slovan Bratislava), Vladimír Dravecký, Tomáš Bulík, Richard Jenčík, Slavomír Bodnár (vÅ¡etci HC KoÅ¡ice), Juraj Gráčik (Tri - City Americans), Ladislav Å čurko (Seattle Thunderbirds), Boris Valábik (Kitchener Rangers), Andrej MeszároÅ¡ (Vancouver Giants), Vladimír Kútny (Val-d´Or Foreurs), Martin Segľa (PHK PreÅ¡ov), Michal Sersen (Rimouski Océanic), Marek Zagrapan, Stanislav LaÅ¡ček (obaja Chicouitimi Les Saguenées), Ivan Baranka (Everett Silvertips), Peter MikuÅ¡, Juraj Líška, Peter Ölvecký, Marek HaÅ¡čák (vÅ¡etci Dukla Trenčín), Andrej Sekera, Å tefan Ružička (Owen Sound Attack), Milan HruÅ¡ka (HC Kimex VTJ Topolčany).

Reserves: Vladimír Kováč (Trenčín), Peter Ordzovenský (SpiÅ¡ská Nová Ves), Igor Baček (Slovan Bratislava), Miroslav Pupák (Nitra), Jaroslav Markovič (Tri-City Storm), Tomáš PetruÅ¡ka (Waterloo Black Hawks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad