Predict Wings deadline moves

Hockeyfannn91

Jun 20, 2016
I sadly think we won't make as much moves as id hope , probably green to tb/Wsh and maybe a minor move like ouellet

What would you guys wanna see happen??

Myself personally....

howard and Daley to nyi for Halak and a first (eat some salary if need be )

Halak to Chicago for prospect Lucas Carlson

Tatar to Nashville for fabbro and 2nd rounder 2019

ericsson to columbus for jack johnson (cbj are reluctant on trading johnson as they wanna compete now, maybe adding ericsson whos under contract makes them do the move

johnson to capitals for 3rd rounder 2018 and 5th 2019

green,helm and glendening to tampa bay for callahan,foote and 1st conditional pick

last ones tough ... first the conditional 1st is if tampa wins the cup then the wings get the choice of having the 1st round pick moved to 2019 as itll most surely be less than a 31st pick

we get this option added on cause were doing them a favor by taking callahans bad contract and giving them helm,glendening which just further enforces the bottom 6 and greatly gives them as great a chance of landing the cup as possible

at the end of the day

howard , daley,green,helm,glendening,tatar,ericsson

for

2 firsts , a second,third and fifth ...carlsson,fabbro,foote and callahan

also forces us to try out hronek and other defensive prospects and gives us much greater odds of landing dahlin, as well as shed salary

Last edited:

Leddy

Feb 6, 2018
I sadly think we won't make as much moves as id hope , probably green to tb/Wsh and maybe a minor move like ouellet

Myself personally....

ericsson to columbus for jack johnson (cbj are reluctant on trading johnson as they wanna compete now, maybe adding ericsson whos under contract makes them do the move

green,helm and glendening to tampa bay for callahan,foote and 1st conditional pick

last ones tough ... first the conditional 1st is if tampa wins the cup then the wings get the choice of having the 1st round pick moved to 2019 as itll most surely be less than a 31st pick

we get this option added on cause were doing them a favor by taking callahans bad contract and giving them helm,glendening which just further enforces the bottom 6 and greatly gives them as great a chance of landing the cup as possible

at the end of the day

for

also forces us to try out hronek and other defensive prospects and gives us much greater odds of landing dahlin, as well as shed salary

Can I have some of what you're smoking?

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

Myself personally....

at the end of the day

for

nice tradedeadline simulation on NHL 18

Reactions: Leddy

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Green to Washington for a 2nd and a 3rd

Ouellete to dallas for a 4th

Mrazek to the NYI for halak and a 2nd

I think it's gonna be very underwhelming and a disappointing day for most fans

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Booth for a 5th/6th rounder and a AHL player.

Mike Green for 1st .. or.... for a 2nd and a decent prospect.

Oulette for a 4th or 5th rounder.

These next two fall under wishful thinking, but have a small chance...

Nyquist for a 2nd and a prospect

Howard with salary retained for a 2nd.

Leddy

Feb 6, 2018
Green to Washington for a 2nd and a 3rd

Ouellete to dallas for a 4th

Mrazek to the NYI for halak and a 2nd

I think it's gonna be very underwhelming and a disappointing day for most fans

I'd be ecstatic with a return like that! None of these guys are worth keeping around. Take what you can get. Most fans have unrealistic expectations.... i.e. OP.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Green to Tampa for a 2nd this year, 3rd next year.
That's all I got.
Would love to trade:
Glendening for 2nd
Helm for anything
Nyquist and Tatar for picks/prospects.
Howard for anything.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Green to Washington for Lucas Johansen or Green to Tampa for two, 2018 2nd-round picks

I don't see us making any more moves

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I'd be ecstatic with a return like that! None of these guys are worth keeping around. Take what you can get. Most fans have unrealistic expectations.... i.e. OP.

I wouldnt, I would hate that return. That means we dont get a 1st for Green, and we are giving up on Mrazek and sticking with Howard

The XO trade I don't really care either way. I'd rather trade Jensen though.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Hope For:
Green for at least a 2nd and a 3rd
Booth for a late pick
Either Nyquist or Tatar for at least a 2nd and a prospect
One of the goalies for whatever
Either Daley or XO for whatever

Expect:
Green and Booth for the returns listed above. Any better returns (or any additional players) would be a pleasant surprise.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Tatar is on the table. I think teams are reluctant to take on his salary and term doubt he's moved at the trade deadline. (More of an offseason move if it happens)

Daley is going no where and why should he?

Green will most likely be moved.

Oullete is in play.

Nobody wants Booth.

When is the last time Ken Holland has pulled of a hockey trade involving a good roster player leaving the
Red Wings?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Myself personally....

at the end of the day

for

Doubt Daley waives his full NMC after only one season, I'd be shocked if Ericsson waived for Columbus he's either bought out or we're stuck with him. I can see Green to Tampa but no earthly idea why Yzerman would be interested in either Helm or Glendening?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Other than Mrazek I agree.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Doubt Daley waives his full NMC after only one season, I'd be shocked if Ericsson waived for Columbus he's either bought out or we're stuck with him. I can see Green to Tampa but no earthly idea why Yzerman would be interested in either Helm or Glendening?
A lot of teams would be interested in Luke. I don't see any reason for him to even be traded.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Mike Green

For

LA 2018 1st

---

Nyquist
Russo

For

Schmaltz
Gunnarsson
Fitzpatrick

---

Booth

For

Future Considerations(Tampa Bay)

Hockeyfannn91

Jun 20, 2016

tampa is already a great team i just believe adding helm and glendening on the bottom 6 further improves their odds of winning the cup , both are really good penalty killers , helm has tons of speed still , think wed get rid of him cause we do t really need him with his salary and the players like bertuzzi,turgeon coming

plus doing that deal i believe is doing tampa a favor as not only does it make them a better team it also rids of them from callahans awful contract , the reason why id do that switch and also adding green in the deal is so we can land cal foote and their first rounder ... i doubt holland even thinks of those types of scenarios and suggests them to yzerman in the first place as he loves his veterans so much, was just a thought

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

1. I would hate to see us trade mrazek

2. We need to start obtaining additional first round picks at the TDL. Not getting one is a failure

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
tampa is already a great team i just believe adding helm and glendening on the bottom 6 further improves their odds of winning the cup , both are really good penalty killers , helm has tons of speed still , think wed get rid of him cause we do t really need him with his salary and the players like bertuzzi,turgeon coming

plus doing that deal i believe is doing tampa a favor as not only does it make them a better team it also rids of them from callahans awful contract , the reason why id do that switch and also adding green in the deal is so we can land cal foote and their first rounder ... i doubt holland even thinks of those types of scenarios and suggests them to yzerman in the first place as he loves his veterans so much, was just a thought
I mean i'd be all in favor of both Helm and Glendeing coming to Tampa, Both would be solid adds for them. Just not sure if Yzerman would be willing to help us out that much. But both Helm and Glendeing would be tremendous for the Bolts Helm with his speed Luke is a solid PKer. I'd be all for it hopefully Kenny is talking Stevie Y into it right now.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

GMs are not too smart with trades. They don’t think about them much either

Let’s say glendenning is the best 4th line center in the NHL not even sure 1 of them in the playoffs even thinks about adding him even if they just needed a 7th

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I won't say the return or destination, but I'll predict we give up Mrazek, Nyquist, Witkowski, Ouellet.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So do you want us to predict the deadline moves or tell you what we want to see happen?

Entirely different topics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad