Predict the Western Conference playoff teams

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
I would accept both in, if it means the Jets miss. As much hate as I have for the Wild/Blackhawks, take that hate and multiply it by 1000 and you still aren't at my hate level for the Jets. I have them up there with Anaheim at the top of my hate list.

I think you will hate us even more after tomorrow night, hoping for a good game.

Why the hate, we do have a lot of fans that follow the team around and their favorite place to go is Smashville, my favorite U.S. team. P.S. can't stand Ducks just plain dirty.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I think you will hate us even more after tomorrow night, hoping for a good game.

Why the hate, we do have a lot of fans that follow the team around and their favorite place to go is Smashville, my favorite U.S. team. P.S. can't stand Ducks just plain dirty.

It might have to do with the fact that the #2 dirty team behind the Ducks is the Jets.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Central

Nashville (top seed)
Winnipeg
St Louis
Chicago
Dallas

Pacific

LAK
Vegas
San Jose

Nasville over Dallas in 5
Winnipeg over St Louis in 6
Chicago over LAK in 6
Vegas over San Jose in 6

Nashville over Winnipeg in 7
Vegas over Chicago in 7

Which sets up a reporters (for off duty fun) dream matchup conference final.

Nashville over Vegas in 6

Nashville over Tampa in 6 (so you win it at home)

Congratulations in advance on your first Stanley Cup

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Central

Nashville (top seed)
Winnipeg
St Louis
Chicago
Dallas

Pacific

LAK
Vegas
San Jose

Nasville over Dallas in 5
Winnipeg over St Louis in 6
Chicago over LAK in 6
Vegas over San Jose in 6

Nashville over Winnipeg in 7
Vegas over Chicago in 7

Which sets up a reporters (for off duty fun) dream matchup conference final.

Nashville over Vegas in 6

Nashville over Tampa in 6 (so you win it at home)

Congratulations in advance on your first Stanley Cup

I stand (shakily) by my argument that Vegas will NOT make the playoffs, but if it means we can get them in a conference final I hope like heck they do make it...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I stand (shakily) by my argument that Vegas will NOT make the playoffs, but if it means we can get them in a conference final I hope like heck they do make it...

If Vegas just plays .500 hockey from here out, they make it with 94 points unless the Pacific just gets absolutely stronger than they have played to date.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
Central
St. Louis
Nashville
Minnesota

Pacific
Los Angeles
San Jose
Dallas

Wildcard
Winnipeg
Vegas

I think MN is trending the wrong way. Dubnyk out for ? weeks, and although Stalock is solid they just seem snakebitten as a team this year. If they make it I think they'll be a WC team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok I am the 3rd Jets fan creeping your thread lol. Interesting there is always hate between Canadian teams because hockey is where Canadians literally unleash all their anger. So we are hated by some Nashville fans that is interesting. I know we have had a few chippy games but I didn’t sense lingering animosity? I am cool with the heel role and the honesty because hockey isn’t a popularity contest and teams can get under people’s skin. I love the Preds and was heartbroken when they got beat by the Pens last year in the final.......I so wanted to see how your city reacted to a championship and feel you got ripped off by key injuries and bad luck/officiating (as I recall) in the sixth game.

Anyways the Turris add was massive for you and the Preds are the only team that I think is cleanly better than us in the West at this point notwithstanding the Ducks when/if they get fully healthy.

Ducks are the only team I hate in the NHL but I REALLY hate them if that counts more. My wife and I were on vacation in Nashville the season before last and caught a playoff game live where you beat the Ducks and I took great joy in that game. Sat beside a longtime season ticket holder who raised his children taking them to the games when they were young. Glad hockey has worked so well in Nashville, amazing city and even better fans. Love the taunting chants and the passion. If we don’t win I badly want the Preds to clean up their unfinished business.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Ok I am the 3rd Jets fan creeping your thread lol. Interesting there is always hate between Canadian teams because hockey is where Canadians literally unleash all their anger. So we are hated by some Nashville fans that is interesting. I know we have had a few chippy games but I didn’t sense lingering animosity? I am cool with the heel role and the honesty because hockey isn’t a popularity contest and teams can get under people’s skin. I love the Preds and was heartbroken when they got beat by the Pens last year in the final.......I so wanted to see how your city reacted to a championship and feel you got ripped off by key injuries and bad luck/officiating (as I recall) in the sixth game.

Anyways the Turris add was massive for you and the Preds are the only team that I think is cleanly better than us in the West at this point notwithstanding the Ducks when/if they get fully healthy.

Ducks are the only team I hate in the NHL but I REALLY hate them if that counts more. My wife and I were on vacation in Nashville the season before last and caught a playoff game live where you beat the Ducks and I took great joy in that game. Sat beside a longtime season ticket holder who raised his children taking them to the games when they were young. Glad hockey has worked so well in Nashville, amazing city and even better fans. Love the taunting chants and the passion. If we don’t win I badly want the Preds to clean up their unfinished business.

Last night wasn't so bad, but Buff was out and Winnipeg seemed to play less like what I was used to seeing. In the past the style of play was right up there with Anaheim, and that's why some of us don't like Winnipeg.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last night wasn't so bad, but Buff was out and Winnipeg seemed to play less like what I was used to seeing. In the past the style of play was right up there with Anaheim, and that's why some of us don't like Winnipeg.

Fair enough.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The best thing is right now it looks pretty likely that either Chicago or Minnesota won't make it, either of which would be pleasing.

I think Vegas eventually stalls out as teams see them a couple of times and get "book" on their goalies, but the Pacific is weak enough the could hang on

I'll say:

Blues
Preds
Jets
Stars(1WC)
Hawks (2WC)

Kings
Sharks
Ducks

damn. I suck.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I just dont see the golden knights cooling off so much that they miss the playoffs

Preds
Blues
Jets

Kings
Knights
Ducks

Oilers
Wild

Hopefully the hawks dont make it
6 out 8 right now 7 out 8 if the blues go. Man I was so wrong about the oilers. I guess I had hope that Talbot who was on my fantasy team would turn it around but he didn't. He cost me a 1st place finish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad