Speculation: Predict the franchise's next GM and Coach

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
At this point, if Sullivan's kept on as coach you might as well also let him be GM so he can just acquire the type of players that he will use.

Each department has their own issues, but one of the collective issues with this team seems to be the GM (both Hextall and JR before him) aren't on the same page as the coach with regards to adding to the roster and those additions being used properly.
So who do we blame when Sully the GM trades for a guy then Sully the coach only plays him 6:00/game?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sully somehow sneaks out and wins a Cup in the last couple years of Sid/G era. Sully stays our coach and Hex is our GM until 2030.

X-Gen hits around 2026.

2030 comes and Sid takesover Coach and GM.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I would love some one in the same vein of BrisBois. Not a heavy Hockey background but has worked or has expertise in other industries that allows him/her to be more analytical.

No more of the old boys club.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
It’s possible they bring in jay caulfield in a dual role of GM/Coach. He always seems to knows all the issues during the Jays Telestrator segment

Ideally, Jay Caufield will lace up the skates again as well, to become the first player-coach-GM in NHL history.

Scoring goals, changing lines, trading players, and even telestrating all while on the ice.

• Haha
Reactions: ncm7772

Nordekes

Feb 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Ideally, Jay Caufield will lace up the skates again as well, to become the first player-coach-GM in NHL history.

Scoring goals, changing lines, trading players, and even telestrating all while on the ice.

Don't forget dropping the gloves, and playing goal under an alias.

There are days where I wish our current GM would get between the pipes

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I would love to see Marco Sturm as the next Pens Head Coach. He checkes all the necessary boxes and is a young, upcoming coach.

For the GM I would like to see a younger, more innovativ guy coming in. Get rid of the old guys with their stupid clubhouse attitude.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Coach "squeaky" Steve Mears
GM Bob Errey
I'm all for Bibs' insanity come press conference time, tbh. Give that weird little muppet the mic and stand back!

I would love to see Marco Sturm as the next Pens Head Coach. He checkes all the necessary boxes and is a young, upcoming coach.
It's wild to see Sturm as a coach tbh, I kind of felt like he was still playing somewhere in Europe recently, but I guess he retired almost 10 years ago.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
It's wild to see Sturm as a coach tbh, I kind of felt like he was still playing somewhere in Europe recently, but I guess he retired almost 10 years ago.
He coached Germany to a silver medal at the Olympics in 2018, was an Assistent with the Kings for four years and is the Head Coach of the Ontario Reign right now.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad