Speculation: Predict the franchise's next GM and Coach

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I fully expect both idiots to be back next season. FSG is lazier than Hextall.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
FSG making Sullivan the new GM along with being a coach isn't even out of the realm of possibility to me.
At this point, if Sullivan's kept on as coach you might as well also let him be GM so he can just acquire the type of players that he will use.

Each department has their own issues, but one of the collective issues with this team seems to be the GM (both Hextall and JR before him) aren't on the same page as the coach with regards to adding to the roster and those additions being used properly.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Sullivan won't be fired this offseason.

Hextall is more likely, but I've yet to see any indication that FSG is eager to actually put its fingerprints on the Pens instead of just letting the franchise run itself.

If Hextall is fired, FSG will prioritize forward thinkers who will build up a staff that relies on analytics. They did it in Boston and they did it in Liverpool with Jurgen Klopp.

Think Mathieu Darche in Tampa, Eric Tulsky in Carolina, Chris MacFarland in Colorado (likely unavailable now, but they guy they should've hired when they hired Hextall).

I could see them hiring someone like Megan Chayka to a prominent role, maybe a reshaped President of Hockey Ops to design the front office a certain way but with someone like Darche or Tulsky managing the roster.

At this point, if Sullivan's kept on as coach you might as well also let him be GM so he can just acquire the type of players that he will use.

Each department has their own issues, but one of the collective issues with this team seems to be the GM (both Hextall and JR before him) aren't on the same page as the coach with regards to adding to the roster and those additions being used properly.
There are no current coaches who are also the team's GM.

It really hasn't happened in the last decade. The positions are too demanding on their own.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Next GM: There’s this young up and comer I hear may be leaving Vancouver, name’s Jimmy Rutherford…GMs never go out of style, they just get recycled…

Next coach: Dan Bylsma

Reactions: OhBennyLeonard

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Honestly, as for the coach, who cares?

This team will be complete trash in a couple of years.

As for the GM, Hextall is the guy that I would want for the complete tear down and rebuild that this team is going to need during a rebuild.

He doesn't throw picks away and looks long term rather than short cuts.

His tendency to not go all in is annoying when the window remains open. But is what you want in a rebuild.

Just embrace the suckage to come.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
a7aa1b744b0e4be669551b35b3e42dde_crop_exact.jpg

Cole is more NFL Fashion I admit.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Well, most importantly Sully should get a new gig, stat, and then we can trade Rust and Carter there with their blessings. Florida, I say. Get Pixies’ boy back. Too feisty for Sully anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad