Predict Minnesota's Next Move

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
"Struggling a bit just like Boldy"

Boldy has 8 points in 12 games.

Kakko is on pace to have 12 points in 82 games.
For one thing he said "struggles" -- which Boldy has been lately. Barring a miracle, there's no pace, Kakko will finish with three points total. But it's ridiculous to write off a guy who was picked 2nd overall this early in his career. The Rangers haven't really brought him along the right way, while Boldy has gotten some nice minutes with good players. These guys would be a nightmare on the same line in terms of possession.

Reactions: Webster

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He doesn't have the cap space to make scary trades. And even after pounding three DiGiorno's and a case of Yuengling, Guerin isn't trading Ek or Boldy just to do something.

Sending Maroon to Edmonton for something pointless seems like the most likely possibility.

If he's threatening to trade Maroon, Middleton or Merrill, stop teasing us and do it already, no need to wait

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
If he starts moving guys like Ek and Boldy or Yurov/other top prospects/picks to try to salvage this season...I don't know how much more patience I have with him running this team
Moron if he does that but nothing surprises me after the extensions he gave away even before the season started. Owners only care about butts in seats. They don't really care about winning or any of that crap. same as vikes. Win a few games, sell some beer, keep people happy somewhat and count your money.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Moron if he does that but nothing surprises me after the extensions he gave away even before the season started. Owners only care about butts in seats. They don't really care about winning or any of that crap. same as vikes. Win a few games, sell some beer, keep people happy somewhat and count your money.

The Minnesota sports way. Twins upped their payroll so they could sell some tickets. Made the playoffs, won a couple games, got some good will around them, now they announce they're cutting payroll next year to save money. What? Meanwhile the Braves are doing everything they can to win another World Series, and they just won one 2 years ago.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
If he starts moving guys like Ek and Boldy or Yurov/other top prospects/picks to try to salvage this season...I don't know how much more patience I have with him running this team
I have no more patience. Come over and join the dark side.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have no more patience. Come over and join the dark side.

I've been yelling at clouds about how bad Guerin is and how I can't wait for him to be gone for years, I founded the dark side :laugh:

I meant if it gets any worse I may actively stop following the team and find a new one until he's gone

Reactions: Victorious Secret

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I've been yelling at clouds about how bad Guerin is and how I can't wait for him to be gone for years, I founded the dark side :laugh:

I meant if it gets any worse I may actively stop following the team and find a new one until he's gone
You can't stop following the team. And if you did, we'd come and find you dragging you back here. We're all on this rollercoaster to h-e-double hockey sticks together.

Reactions: TaLoN

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don't remember him signing Russo, but that just makes it worse.
He made it clear as soon as he arrived that he was going to treat Russo like shit and deny him his traditional access. It was a shortsighted move bc Russo is very popular and respected in MN despite what people here think. Russo buys ink by the barrel, so picking a fight with him again displays the lack of tact from a guy whose job requires tact

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I predict Guerin trades Dewar or Duhaim straight up for some other 4th liner to “send a message.”

Spoiler: it doesn’t work.

RHam5757

Nov 26, 2023
I am hoping that BG doesn't make any more moves until we are into the new year (barring injury). If we are out of the playoff picture come Feb, I would imagine BG will be shipping guys like Duhaime and Maroon out of town. I want this team in the playoffs but I also wouldn't mind seeing some of our prospects get some minutes down the stretch if the season is a complete debacle.

Reactions: Bazeek

RHam5757

Nov 26, 2023
I predict Guerin trades Dewar or Duhaim straight up for some other 4th liner to “send a message.”

Spoiler: it doesn’t work.
Agreed 100%, I would hope that BG will move those guys out for draft picks and not just another teams garbage. I would prefer to see some of our own prospects get some minutes. (Walker, Milne, Beckman, etc)

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Whatever it is, there will be a NMC involved. We don’t have enough of them yet. Need a few more…..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad