Predict Minnesota's Next Move

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Guerin is an egomaniac so he will trade off these guys for free or pay to move them. He is the type who’d rather be right than be a winner. He needs to go. The extensions proved he has completely lost it

Reactions: fgobuzz

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
I'm unsure what the options are, too. The only guy of note without NTC/NMC is Ek right? Can't see how Billy would think we could get more truculence in return. And the other guys that would be a possibility already bring the identity Billy wants.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Probably put someone on IR. If it’s a trade, it will probably start with Merrill or Middleton. Maybe they do ship out Maroon to Edmonton if they get a legit offer but I think that would be a waiving the white flag kind of move. Or Duhaime too, he’s an easy scapegoat that hasn’t been bad but hasn’t exactly been good and is unlikely to sign back anyway.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Probably put someone on IR. If it’s a trade, it will probably start with Merrill or Middleton. Maybe they do ship out Maroon to Edmonton if they get a legit offer but I think that would be a waiving the white flag kind of move. Or Duhaime too, he’s an easy scapegoat that hasn’t been bad but hasn’t exactly been good and is unlikely to sign back anyway.
Duhaime was gone the second they extended our lord and savior Marcus Foligno.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Duhaime was gone the second they extended our lord and savior Marcus Foligno.
I think he was gone the second he only signed a one year, that happened first and was a pretty clear indicator that a decision was looming. It made the Foligno extension more understandable. I still don’t hate the Foligno extension to be clear. Merrill and two years to MarJo were my least favorite of the recent signings.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Guerin wants to be Lou so bad. He’s doing the exact same thing that Islanders have done. Every veteran is signed until 35. Emphasis on culture and continuity.

I think by giving these players such friendly end-of-career contracts with NMCs it creates loyalty and makes it harder to replace the GM because a new one can’t come in and clean house.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Talbot, Fiala, Russo, Buyouts and on and on - Guerin has made it clear he will stop at nothing to have complete control.

Winning is, at best, his #2 priority. #1 priority will always be Bill Guerin’s pride

Reactions: 63firebird

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Talbot, Fiala, Russo, Buyouts and on and on - Guerin has made it clear he will stop at nothing to have complete control.

Winning is, at best, his #2 priority. #1 priority will always be Bill Guerin’s pride
I don't remember him signing Russo, but that just makes it worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd probably now put the Zucc/Foligno/Hartman extensions above his handling of Fiala as the worst thing(s) he has done in his tenure. At least with Fiala, he recognized a decent return was needed (1st + good/really good prospect). The extensions were just so ahead of when they needed to even be considered.

Even a bad year like we're having, if those extensions hadn't taken place, you could start thinking about maybe getting some 1sts, 2nds, 3rds to add to the arsenal. Now, he's so pot committed with those contracts, I could easily see him justifying moving out picks/prospects to try and salvage the season, and the 1st round pick is worrying me tremendously right now.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'd probably now put the Zucc/Foligno/Hartman extensions above his handling of Fiala as the worst thing(s) he has done in his tenure. At least with Fiala, he recognized a decent return was needed (1st + good/really good prospect). The extensions were just so ahead of when they needed to even be considered.

Even a bad year like we're having, if those extensions hadn't taken place, you could start thinking about maybe getting some 1sts, 2nds, 3rds to add to the arsenal. Now, he's so pot committed with those contracts, I could easily see him justifying moving out picks/prospects to try and salvage the season, and the 1st round pick is worrying me tremendously right now.
Out of curiosity who are the three upcoming UFAs at their positions that you would have signed to be better and cheaper? We will still have roster spots open next season even with the three signings, do you feel that MN will be an attractive UFA destination this off-season when we would be replacing all 3 of these guys? Or do you think we have the internal replacement for all of them including the leadership positions?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Rangers fans want Zucc back, they're trading Kakko for him. The Rangers are a real cup contender this season, so this is interesting...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Out of curiosity who are the three upcoming UFAs at their positions that you would have signed to be better and cheaper? We will still have roster spots open next season even with the three signings, do you feel that MN will be an attractive UFA destination this off-season when we would be replacing all 3 of these guys? Or do you think we have the internal replacement for all of them including the leadership positions?
Without looking at the full UFA roster, 2 of the 3 spots could be making a run at Lindholm + bringing one of the ELC Russians in. And we'd still probably have a little room after that.

Rangers fans want Zucc back, they're trading Kakko for him. The Rangers are a real cup contender this season, so this is interesting...
I'm sure they'd love to trade an extremely disappointing player that has 3 points in 20 games this year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It terrifies me that he'll move Ek (the heart of the team) or Boldy instead of the players that he "prefers" who should be the first out the door.

If he starts moving guys like Ek and Boldy or Yurov/other top prospects/picks to try to salvage this season...I don't know how much more patience I have with him running this team

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Without looking at the full UFA roster, 2 of the 3 spots could be making a run at Lindholm + bringing one of the ELC Russians in. And we'd still probably have a little room after that.

I'm sure they'd love to trade an extremely disappointing player that has 3 points in 20 games this year.
Who left the game with what looked to be a horrible knee injury last night.

Kakko is only 22, struggles a bit just like Boldy, but both have a great upside.
Kakko doesn't have 1/10th of Boldy's skill.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I think he was gone the second he only signed a one year, that happened first and was a pretty clear indicator that a decision was looming. It made the Foligno extension more understandable. I still don’t hate the Foligno extension to be clear. Merrill and two years to MarJo were my least favorite of the recent signings.
You might be the only one, but I applaud your commitment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad