haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Nash - Brass - Zuccs
Kreider - Stepan - Fast
Etem - Hayes - Miller
Stoll - Moore - Lindberg
Stalberg

I really liked what I saw from Fast and Kreider together last year.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I like this line up but I'd swap the bergs.

Maybe. I don't want Lindberg up here just sitting regularly though. He needs minutes to develop. Stalberg has had that luxury and still hasn't really carved out a niche. If Lindberg lends an equal amount to the team (if), I'd rather he get minutes and get a chance to grow.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Not a lot of people have Stalberg making this roster. But for some reason I can see him playing regularly

Stalberg's value on the roster at this point is completely unknown. Is he the player he was with Chicago or the player who see-sawed in and out of the lineup (and down to the AHL) the last couple of years?

And not unreasonably, many posters here would rather see home-grown players like Fast and Miller get every chance to prove that their play in the latter half of last season will continue--and give Lindberg and Etem a chance--rather than assuming Stalberg will be in the lineup.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Nash - Brass - Zuccs
Kreider - Stepan - Fast
Etem - Hayes - Miller
Stoll - Moore - Lindberg
Stalberg

I like this. Thought Kreider-Stepan-Fast looked great together and I'd like to see them get a chance to continue their play. Moore, Hayes and Miller should have spots. Let them all show what they can do in preseason and best men win the jobs.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I like this. Thought Kreider-Stepan-Fast looked great together and I'd like to see them get a chance to continue their play. Moore, Hayes and Miller should have spots. Let them all show what they can do in preseason and best men win the jobs.

Pretty much. Fast isn't someone I'd call a top 6 winger yet, but he can play that role with those two guys as evidenced last year in the playoffs. I'd really like Etem to grab that 3LW spot, but he'll have to earn it.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pretty much. Fast isn't someone I'd call a top 6 winger yet, but he can play that role with those two guys as evidenced last year in the playoffs. I'd really like Etem to grab that 3LW spot, but he'll have to earn it.

A lot of ANA people are saying he's much better on the RW, which if the reports of him playing with blinders on is true, then it makes better sense for him to play and shoot off of his RW.

Problem is the Rangers have several players that would make better RW's than Etem: Nash, Zucc, Hayes, Miller, Fast.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A lot of ANA people are saying he's much better on the RW, which if the reports of him playing with blinders on is true, then it makes better sense for him to play and shoot off of his RW.

Problem is the Rangers have several players that would make better RW's than Etem: Nash, Zucc, Hayes, Miller, Fast.

Hmmmm that's a doozy. Nash will probably be LW and Hayes C at least but that's still too many guys for too few spots. Someone will have to play on the left.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Nash - Brass - Zuccs
Kreider - Stepan - Fast
Etem - Hayes - Miller
Stoll - Moore - Lindberg
Stalberg

Although I really like Fast and really like what he did in the post season I don't think he can be a regular contributor on offense like you need a 2nd line RW to be. If he can prove me wrong, than this lineup is great and I'd rather Stalberg over Lindberg to be honest. Lindberg should be our 13th and get his experience when guys get injured. He could probably see 40-50 games as a 13th just from injuries alone.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
My guess as to what they will do
Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Stralberg-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore/Stoll/Etem

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
fantastic, sureeeeeee.

yes. fantastic. As in one of the best on the team

Girardi is an excellent shot blocker, a skill that is imperative to any successful penalty kill.

say what you want about its merits at even strength, but on the PK, that skill is invaluable

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
yes. fantastic. As in one of the best on the team

Girardi is an excellent shot blocker, a skill that is imperative to any successful penalty kill.

say what you want about its merits at even strength, but on the PK, that skill is invaluable

Another skill that is invaluable on the penalty kill is the ability to keep players to the outside, to force bad plays and make sure they don't get a scoring chance or a rebound shot(rebound shots can be off blocks) to the net.

The ability to do that and the ability to clear the puck out of the zone before any dangerous scoring chances get created is a lot more invaluable than blocking a shot. Girardi blocks a shot, the shot can still come back out to the slot, or onto another one of their player's stick.

Like the way McDonagh plays defensively would be a pretty good example of what I just described.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad