Skapski (when healthy)

Powerplay:

Tambellini - Gibbons - Lindblad

Skjei - Graves

Penalty Kill:

Gibbons - Tambellini

Skjei - Graves

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

(these aren't what I think the hartford lines will be, but who gives a crap about the hartford lines anyways?)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Also seeing a lot of Jesper Fast on the fourth line... Did anyone watch the playoffs this year? The only forwards that were more valuable this spring than Jesper Fast were Stepan, Brassard, and Kreider.

Fast was 100x better than Nash. Fast was a helluva lot better than Hayes. Fast was definitely better than Miller. Fast was definitely better than all of Moore, Glass, Sheppard, St Louis.

Jesper Fast is one of the Rangers most important players. Assuming Stepan, Miller, Fast, and Etem are all signed, this is how i see the lines

Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Nash-Brassard-Miller
Etem-Hayes-Zuccarello
Stalberg-Moore-Glass

Agree with what you said, but there is NO WAY that Hayes and Zuccha should be put together. ALL pass and NO shoot! Relying on Etem to put the puck in the net? Hmmmm.

Fast undeniably was one of our best and deserves a legit shot in top 9. He'll fit anywhere and is so valuable as mentioned.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreids - Step - Miller
Etem - Hayes - Fast
Lindberg - Moore - Stalberg
Glass

McD - Girardi
Staal - Boyle
Yandle - Klein
McIlrath

Hank
AR

I don't know if it fits under the cap though. Lotta speed up front, but a lot of maybes as well. Also not a lot of push-back in the lineup. Doubt we start the season like this.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Does anyone else think we should try Etem or Stalberg with Brass and Zucc? They seem to bring out the best with whoever they are playing with. Look what they did with Pouliot.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Stalberg - Brass - Zucc
Nash - Step - Kreider
Etem - Hayes - Miller
Lindberg - Moore - Fast

In a vacuum I don't believe Stalberg belongs in the top 6, but the real world doesn't look at these things in a vacuum.

IMO these combinations give us the most balanced attack across 4 lines. I am of the mind that even if Stalberg can be somewhat decent, the magnificence of Zucc and Brass will allow that line to flourish.

If the corpse of Mike Knuble can pot 24 goals with Ovy and Backstrom, Then Stalberg (A guy with serious wheels) can be serviceable flanking our two most creative players.

If that happens, it allows us to allocate talent better across our other lines.

Wolfy*

I doubt AV will break up the Nash-Brass-Zucc line. Nash had a great regular season, and most of Zucc's assists came from a Nash goal. Those two obviously work well together.

donpaulo

Capt Barry Beck
May 19, 2003
nihon
www.billcorfield.com
Stalberg is a Hagelin type of player. Tons of speed but very little finish err not finnish... anyway

I highly doubt he even sniffs the top 6 as there are other players who deserve the ice time, namely Hayes or perhaps Miller, Fast etc.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Stalberg is a Hagelin type of player. Tons of speed but very little finish err not finnish... anyway

I highly doubt he even sniffs the top 6 as there are other players who deserve the ice time, namely Hayes or perhaps Miller, Fast etc.

On the surface, Stalberg may look similar to Hagelin--their goals and points totals are quite similar (132 points vs 130 points), except for one thing: Hagelin has played in 72 less regular season games than Stalberg. Plus, Hagelin has played in less AHL games in his career (and none since he was called up in 2011) whlle Stalberg played in 20 AHL games last season.

Stalberg is not going to be playing in the top six, if anything he's going to be lucky to play more than 8-10 minutes on the 4th line. I have no complaints about signing him, but he's regressed since his best season in 2011-12. He has a long way to go to get back to being a "Hagelin type of player."

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Stalberg - Brass - Zucc
Nash - Step - Kreider
Etem - Hayes - Miller
Lindberg - Moore - Fast

In a vacuum I don't believe Stalberg belongs in the top 6, but the real world doesn't look at these things in a vacuum.

IMO these combinations give us the most balanced attack across 4 lines. I am of the mind that even if Stalberg can be somewhat decent, the magnificence of Zucc and Brass will allow that line to flourish.

If the corpse of Mike Knuble can pot 24 goals with Ovy and Backstrom, Then Stalberg (A guy with serious wheels) can be serviceable flanking our two most creative players.

If that happens, it allows us to allocate talent better across our other lines.

I like your reasoning, but I simply don't think for a minute that AV works that way. Stalberg will not be handed the 1st line.......just like that. I'd like to see JT there with the magnificent duo of Brass and Zuccha.

Give Hayes........Lindberg and Etem and see if some magic materializes, if not.......put Fast there. He actually deserves playing anywhere but the 4th, and I think there's more offensive talent than what we're seeing with "quickie". Eventually, he'll have better linemates getting more opportunities.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I like your reasoning, but I simply don't think for a minute that AV works that way. Stalberg will not be handed the 1st line.......just like that. I'd like to see JT there with the magnificent duo of Brass and Zuccha.

Give Hayes........Lindberg and Etem and see if some magic materializes, if not.......put Fast there. He actually deserves playing anywhere but the 4th, and I think there's more offensive talent than what we're seeing with "quickie". Eventually, he'll have better linemates getting more opportunities.

For the record, I also don't think that is whats going to happen, its just what I want to happen. I would also gladly try Fast, Etem, or Miller with Brass and Zucc.

I don't agree with Lindberg - Hayes - Etem as a line though (to start the season with anyway). Hayes, who is still developing his NHL game, between two guys he has never played with in an unproven rookie, and a player rumored to have tunnel vision. I would wait to try a line like that until we know more about how Lindberg adjusts to the NHL, and if Etem can be a reliable player.

Also, every day that goes by with Tanner Glass still on the roster makes me think he will be playing on our 4th line come opening night.

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
Dominic Moore and Jesper Fast WITHOUT Tanner Glass are 49.8% CF% with 29% OZone%. That's really impressive. And about as close as we can come to replicating how awesome the 4th line was last year.

You know how you make them even better? Oscar Lindberg :nod::yo:

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
I wouldn't be surprised if Etem works his way up to second line minutes with you guys this season.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Kreider-Step-Nash
Etem-Brass-Zucc
Stalberg-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Fast

McD-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Staal-G

This is how I could eventually see things shaking out for the forwards, though I think Nash will start with Brass and Zuccs, and Miller, Fast, Etem, and maybe Stalberg will all get a chance with Kreider and Step.

The defense is interesting. I thought of possibly having Boyle with McDonagh, but then I thought it might be interesting to try Yandle with Girardi, too, if that's how it works out. There are a few options we could try, but I think it will still end up being McD and G at the end of the day. AV likes that pairing.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
This is how I could eventually see things shaking out for the forwards, though I think Nash will start with Brass and Zuccs, and Miller, Fast, Etem, and maybe Stalberg will all get a chance with Kreider and Step.

The defense is interesting. I thought of possibly having Boyle with McDonagh, but then I thought it might be interesting to try Yandle with Girardi, too, if that's how it works out. There are a few options we could try, but I think it will still end up being McD and G at the end of the day. AV likes that pairing.
Yeah im just hoping AV shakes it up in preseason i would love to see McD and Boyle.

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ

Very true. He doesn't belong there and almost everyone has him in a bigger role he is suited for.

After looking through all these line combos it's very clear we need a winger.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I'd like to see Etem getting a legit chance. I think he's the closest to a top 6 forward from the group of young players (Miller, Fast etc.) as far as upside goes. See what the change of scenery does for him. Im also assuming AV sticks with the McD-G pairing to start the season.. But i wouldn't get my hopes up for a solid rebound year :D

Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Kreider - Stepan - Etem
Miller - Hayes - Fast
Stalberg - Moore - Lindberg
Glass

McDonagh - Girardi
Yandle - Klein
Staal - Boyle
Diaz

Lundqvist
Raanta

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Got a feeling

Nash brass Zucc
Kreider Stepan Etem (maybe even tho Kreider and him play similar styles)
Miller Hayes Fast (even tho miller took most of Hayes' faceoffs towards then end of the post season)
Stalberg Moore Glass
Linberg
Hayes has proven he can be an effective defensive player but those faceoffs man... He needs to improve and if he doesn't just put Miller in his spot

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
ok, let's play this game.

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Miller/Stalberg - Stepan - Miller/Stalberg
MZA - Brassard - Etem
Lindberg - Moore - Fasth

that's how I would try the lines out.

Well brass and zucc will not be on the 3rd line... They are just to good to play 3rd line minutes. They both are top 6 locks.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Etem-Hayes-Stalberg
Lindberg-Moore-Fast
Glass

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath
Diaz

Hank
Raanta

I think the situation on defense is going to force a trade one way or another. Klein is the most likely candidate due to his cap friendly AAV. I think I would rather see Girardi go but he has a NMC so let's not even go there. I can't see Gorton letting McI get grabbed through waivers for nothing so something should come of it. Encouraged by McI's last season in HFD. At least for the forwards, we have a FAST lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad