Confirmed with Link: Predators Sign Goalie Miroslav Svoboda

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I like this signing a lot! Does he go ahead of koltsov and vomacka on the depth chart I wonder?
Weird the oilers didn’t sign him.

Reactions: GoldyNuck

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Poile is signing ALL of the goalies, our system should be pretty packed for the next couple of years, hopefully one of them can break out and show some NHL ability in a couple of years.

So I guess this is our organizational depth chart now:

Rinne
Saros

Lindback (if re-signed)
Grosenick
O'Connor (won't be re-signed)

Westerholm
Svoboda

Vejmelka
Vomacka
Volkov

GoldyNuck

Mar 7, 2017
I think this signing was made with the purpose of givin him a shot in NA next season. Great stats this year in the Czech league and if he adjusts well in Milwaukee it will certainly spell well for the future. Makes it even better he didn't sign with the Oilers too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
But it worked out so well with Brian Finley lol
tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo3_500.gif

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
So I guess this is our organizational depth chart now:

Rinne
Saros

Lindback (if re-signed)
Grosenick
O'Connor (won't be re-signed)

Westerholm
Svoboda

Vejmelka
Vomacka
Volkov
Eh, why so many goalies? Even if Rinne retires and Lindback & O'Connor will not be signed, there's still 7 goalies remaining. Sounds excessive.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Eh, why so many goalies? Even if Rinne retires and Lindback & O'Connor will not be signed, there's still 7 goalies remaining. Sounds excessive.

Depth and the fact that goalies are really hit or miss and take forever to hit their prime, that's why it's always good to take a flyer on one late in the draft, you never know how it's going to play out. If one of those bottom 5 goalies makes it then that's really good, if two make it then we suddenly have a valuable trade chip.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Depth and the fact that goalies are really hit or miss and take forever to hit their prime, that's why it's always good to take a flyer on one late in the draft, you never know how it's going to play out. If one of those bottom 5 goalies makes it then that's really good, if two make it then we suddenly have a valuable trade chip.

Exactly. Plus 6 of the 10 goalies are 23 years old or younger so it's even harder to guess just how good they're going to be just yet.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Exactly. Plus 6 of the 10 goalies are 23 years old or younger so it's even harder to guess just how good they're going to be just yet.
Yes. We all have this assumption that Saros will be the next guy in net for us for who knows how many years. While it's his to lose, and he looks good so far, it's certainly worth looking for as many possible young prospects as possible in case he flames out. Back in 2004, 8th round pick Pekka Rinne would've probably been filed under "excessive."

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

NHL, AHL, ECHL... that's 6 needed right there (though I just saw the Preds and Norfolk terminated their affiliation early last season?), some can be loaned to European teams. I actually think 8 is a good number to have in the system because most of them will flame out and you're really hoping that just one proves to be starting quality in the NHL but with goalies you usually don't know until they're 25+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad