Rumor: Predators interested in Pesce

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Mostly when I see Nashville's name come up in any rumors nowadays I just assume it is some writer somewhere scrolling down the list of teams with Cap space remaining and saying a-ha, Nashville has lots. And then making something up to suit their team's needs. :skeptic:
Could be some of that but it also seems (from his early returns) that Trotz is the type to listen and ask about everything just to at least do the due diligence.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Doesn't Carolina already have a really good young Russian goalie prospect that they don't seem ready to deploy?
Apparently the ownership/front office of the Canes has decided to switch it up from being a Finn happy bunch to acquiring all the Russians available.

We are trying to recreate the Winter War in the locker room in Raleigh.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Doesn't Carolina already have a really good young Russian goalie prospect that they don't seem ready to deploy?
Never hurts to have a couple top goalie prospects. Kochetkov is exciting but isn’t quite ready for a full time NHL role. Freddie has a 2 year deal, Raanta just 1. Askarov and Kochetkov could be an elite duo for relatively cheap for years after those 2 are gone.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't get it for NSH. Pesce is the sort of guy you get when your window is now. Since CAR is also a team who's window is now, I don't really get trading him away, unless they think he simply isn't worth what he's asking, and/or they'd rather put the money somewhere else.
Makes sense for a team like TOR, or maybe EDM. His value should be a mid/ late 1st and a 2nd, if he agrees to an extension beforehand.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Could be some of that but it also seems (from his early returns) that Trotz is the type to listen and ask about everything just to at least do the due diligence.
I'm sure he'll listen to anything that's out there.

But fans of other teams should probably think of that more as Trotz sniffing around for a bargain to fall into his lap instead of thinking that he's going to be giving up prime futures assets in any such opportunities which might arise.

He does have the Cap space to "facilitate" something for other teams. *IF* it benefits the Predators in a significantly obvious way.

It would require the Canes getting a little bit "desperate" to drop Pesce for some reason (DeAngelo incoming, DeBrincat acquisition, Tarasenko signing) and I just find it hard to believe they'd end up being THAT desperate with that quality of player in Pesce. But who knows. :dunno:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The ask should be Kemell + Carrier for a signed Pesce + a prospect. You don't move a big piece out without swinging for the fences.

I would expect Trotz to say no, but if he's really high on Pesce he'll consider it.

Reactions: CanesAce

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The ask should be Kemell + Carrier for a signed Pesce + a prospect. You don't move a big piece out without swinging for the fences.

I would expect Trotz to say no, but if he's really high on Pesce he'll consider it.

That’s an easy, heck yeah from CAR. I bet they don’t want Carrier, but I really like Kemell.

I could see the Preds wanting to include Carrier, see no reason why they’d trade Kemell.

I’d also think the Canes would be vastly more interested in pick(s) and/or prospects than roster players.

Reactions: Viqsi

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
What is Trotz cooking

He’s dead set on only winning games 1-0 next season. Not surprising given how he coached.

But seriously, it feels like Nashville is primed to maintain course as a bubble team, which is a mistake.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I don’t know what Nashville is doing anymore

I thought ROR + Schenn were good Locker room pieces to have around as you take a step back and rebuild a bit, but it turns out Nashville wants to win?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

I'd be shocked if they move out Kemell at this stage. Trotz has specifically mentioned him as some of the young guys he wants to create space for in the lineup. He's been ahead of schedule. I think ideally he's a full AHL season away from being in Nashville and we certainly need more offense than defense at this stage. Pesce is a really good piece so no feelings hurt if we don't offer what you are looking for, but I hope Kemell isn't involved.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

That wouldn't you get you Joe Pesci, let alone Brett Pesce.

I am just kidding, I just really wanted to insert a Joe Pesci reference in there somewhere. Don't mind me. :dunce:

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
They are a team that feels like they are in decline, but that feeling may be wrong. They are definitely re tooling, but their big decline is largely explainable by Forsberg's injury. Their forward core is lacking still, but they kept Saros and still have Josi. Adding O'Reilly and Nyquist is interesting at least, and they might not be done. Pesce basically gives them an elite D core in front of an elite goalie. I think they are retooling but want to jump into the playoffs right away
I think the most obvious fit for him us the teams we follow and I can see a lot of incoming shit talk from both sides if he's made available 🤣 we all remember the Kuzmenko thread and how quickly that became a passing match between who has better food options. That would be followed by the usual he sucks and will be a negative value contract etc etc lol.

He's got a 15 team NTC but assuming neither is on it, both Alvin and Holland should be all over it.

I think cap wise, Vancouver wouldn't need to jump the hurdles the oilers would. I could see a guy like Beauvillier at 50% attractive as the roster piece with the rest being I'm assuming a 1st and a good forward prospect?

From Vancouver, Hoglander, Lekkerimaki, Klimovich, probably have the most value.

If I'm GM, Podkolzin and Raty are the only forwards under 23 I'm not moving.

Would you move Holloway as part of the package?
I know most oiler fans say Broberg but he has no need for them with Morrow and Nikishkin already in the system.

Even the most negative nucks fan can't deny adding Pecse, Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Hirose, in a 6 month span is one hell of a re-tool on the backend

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Pagnotta says there was "alignment" on Pesce before the draft. The talks have since resumed.

The consistency of interest is notable.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Preds with Trotz is a perfect system. I think they will surprise alot of people.

Apparently the ownership/front office of the Canes has decided to switch it up from being a Finn happy bunch to acquiring all the Russians available.

We are trying to recreate the Winter War in the locker room in Raleigh.
As if your defense wasn't stacked enough. Probably have the best D prospect in the world over in the KHL.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Man we need forwards not more defenseman. Now if we’re talking about necas then yea I can get aboard of a move like that but for another defenseman. If this is true it’s a terrible idea

Thundr70

Jul 17, 2014
If it was Barrie going out from Nashville in whatever scenario for Pesce coming in, I can see it, except... tbh, we kind of already need help on PP more than we do defensively in general, so even then it'd be a kind of weird "upgrade"... upgrading in overall player quality, of course, but not actually in the specific area we might have more need of?

And then I think while the Preds do have their fingers crossed a little bit on still being able to compete for a playoff spot during this re-tool, I also think there is at the same time a very limited quality of picks/prospects types of assets they'd be willing to give up for *ANY* established players. No 1sts or top prospects for sure. The team is still building for the future as the primary objective, even while not going full scorched-earth rebuild.

Mostly when I see Nashville's name come up in any rumors nowadays I just assume it is some writer somewhere scrolling down the list of teams with Cap space remaining and saying a-ha, Nashville has lots. And then making something up to suit their team's needs. :skeptic:
This seems logical, I have been wondering if Tarasenko may be involved somehow in this to go to the Hurricanes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad