Seravalli: Predators’ Mattias Ekholm “Available”

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Nashville Predators' Mattias Ekholm "Available"

First paragraph just says: There is a brand new name to throw out onto the 2023 trade deadline hot stove, and it’s a big one. Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff writes that Nashville Predators general manager David Poile “is ready to consider moving” Mattias Ekholm, and lists him as “available” in his first Trade Targets board.

Seravalli could be throwing shit at a wall and hope it sticks, but then again if the Preds fall down the standing in the next 8 weeks it could be a possibility that Poile moves Ekholm.

Reactions: BHD

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Nashville Predators' Mattias Ekholm "Available"

First paragraph just says: There is a brand new name to throw out onto the 2023 trade deadline hot stove, and it’s a big one. Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff writes that Nashville Predators general manager David Poile “is ready to consider moving” Mattias Ekholm, and lists him as “available” in his first Trade Targets board.

Seravalli could be throwing shit at a wall and hope it sticks, but then again if the Preds fall down the standing in the next 8 weeks it could be a possibility that Poile moves Ekholm.
Ekholm is available every single year for the past 5 years lol

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t think anything accurate often leaks from the Preds.

The Preds don’t have anybody remotely close to being ready to replace Ekholm. And Poile added veterans aiming to compete this season. Trading Ekholm would signify he’s packing it in, and then basically EVERYBODY would be available.

And if he came to that conclusion without first considering that it’s his coach who is pulling everything down… welll… I just still have more faith that Poile isn’t THAT dumb. So I will believe it only when I see it.

We heard a lot of stuff about guys like Forsberg and Ekholm last couple of trade deadlines, never believed any of it, and were justified in not believing any of it. I would file this one in a similar category.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
trying-not-to-laugh-guy.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bad news for Bill Armstrong. He should probably move on Chychrun quick.
Nah, if a team has the assets for either, they will go for Chychrun. Ekholm would be the consolation price if they miss on Chychrun.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
This is the defenseman move that makes sense to me from nashville.

Josi - NMC
McDonagh - NTC
Lauzon/Carrier/Fabbro - young and cheaper. Not as good defensively but trading these players is counterproductive to the long term health of the team.
Ekholm - still very good but 33 at start of next season and would open up alot of capspace. McDonagh slides back down to 2nd pairing or lauzon up to 2nd pairing (though thats not exactly the best option).

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Really? Damn, Ekholm is more expensive than I thought
i mean what would you expect for a top pairing (on any other team than the preds) stalwart who can eat 25 min a game on shut down the best forwards in the show on a reasonable contract long term??

Hes arguably a top 20 D man in the league

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Oilers should be all ove rthis if true. Leafs too but they dont have anything of interest to Preds maybe Nimelä.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad