Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Dan Bain
Rod Flett
Atty Howard
Tony Gingras
Fred Higginbotham
plus Jack Marshall and Fred Scanlan. Fred Lake, Hamby Shore, Joe Hall, Dick Irvin and Tommy Dunderdale have roots there.

just how many Winnipeg players do you think we're supposed to select here?

(and if you had joined there'd be 24 more players drafted right now including 24 that YOU personally could have seen to)

There are a handful of winnipeg players who are in that range of "might be one of the next best guys to select" but there is no one who stands out as a glaring egregious omission.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Just to make sure- @Claude The Fraud knows he can make up his picks whenever he drops by, right?

Seriously, guys.

Look at Winnipeg.
Once the draft ends, I hope you'll enlighten us as to the players that you think we are all wrongfully ignoring.

Dan Bain
Rod Flett
Atty Howard
Tony Gingras
Fred Higginbotham
plus Jack Marshall and Fred Scanlan. Fred Lake, Hamby Shore, Joe Hall, Dick Irvin and Tommy Dunderdale have roots there.

just how many Winnipeg players do you think we're supposed to select here?

(and if you had joined there'd be 24 more players drafted right now including 24 that YOU personally could have seen to)

There are a handful of winnipeg players who are in that range of "might be one of the next best guys to select" but there is no one who stands out as a glaring egregious omission.
I won't call myself an expert in Winnipeg hockey, but those teams look fairly well represented to me too. There's... what, 4 guys who wouldn't look out of place here, but unless I drastically underrating someone, there's nobody who I think is an absolute must-draft left from them.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll pick up another chap from the Ottawa team, reuniting him with Bradley and his brother Kirby, although he will be a spare, Halder Kirby, F.

He's also a doctor, so that will come in handy in rough games.

1700759318171.png

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dreakmur from Nov 2009:

Art Chapman

IMG_0105.jpeg

“During his career, he had often been chided for playing too defensively.†– Legends of Hockey

With our 11th round selection, the Bettmans are thrilled to select the perfect center for our two-way unit. While he's an excellent two-way player, he was also one of the most gifted playmakers of his time. He will fit in perfectly with "Nibs". Please welcome Arthur.....

“If you can stop them from scoring, you'll get a goal in time.†– Art Chapman

Awards and Achievements:
Allan Cup (1926)
Second Team All-Star (1937)

Scoring:
Points – 6th(1935), 4th(1936), 17th(1937)
Assists – 1st(1935), 1st(1936), 5th(1937), 2nd(1938), 18th(1939)

Play-off Assists – 5th(1936)

Led CAHL in assists in 1929

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
So what are people thinking for the next step? A week or so for roster assassinations, voting, then the playoffs start 1 December?

I personally believe that each GM should get the chance to participate in the post-season, so I'd like to see a play-in between the teams voted 8th and 9th.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So what are people thinking for the next step? A week or so for roster assassinations, voting, then the playoffs start 1 December?

I personally believe that each GM should get the chance to participate in the post-season, so I'd like to see a play-in between the teams voted 8th and 9th.

In such a draft, I propose only a few days of assassinations if people really want to do them, say for the upcoming week-end, then a randomized playoff tree with 8 teams. No ranking.

I can disqualify my own team so it makes a perfect number.

I would try to avoid dragging this for 2 weeks of assassinations + 8th/9th play-in and move fast towards 1 on 1 playoff series across the board.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
In such a draft, I propose only a few days of assassinations if people really want to do them, say for the upcoming week-end, then a randomized playoff tree with 8 teams. No ranking.

I can disqualify my own team so it makes a perfect number.

I would try to avoid dragging this for 2 weeks of assassinations + 8th/9th play-in and move fast towards 1 on 1 playoff series across the board.
How about everyone describe their own team so there is something to go on?

Reactions: jigglysquishy

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Since no one seems to have a strong opinion, I created a lineup assassination thread, and let's give it until next week-end to see if there's any action.

Then we vote the RS, do a quick 8 vs 9 round then proceed with the normal playoff bracket.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
It's going to be as hard to vote, as it is to be critical of lineups. But I'll do my damnedest.

Like benchbrawl once said, I know everything about some players and I know something about every player, but I don't know everything about every player.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's going to be as hard to vote, as it is to be critical of lineups. But I'll do my damnedest.

Like benchbrawl once said, I know all everything about some players and I know something about every player, but I don't know everything about every player.

Especially since the parity looks strong across the board.

Whoever ends up 7th-9th on my list doesn't deserve it.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm struggling ranking them. I have a firm number one on my list, and then everyone else is bunched together, with a number 9 semi-comfortable.

Could switch order for 2-8 pretty easily.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I voted last night. It certainly wasn’t easy, and it may be cliche to say but whoever finishes last place certainly doesn’t deserve to. Someone has to though..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad